[V] Vampires Unable To Do Certain Outdoor Activities

by Iyasenu

Original Post

[V] Vampires Unable To Do Certain Outdoor Activities

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Vampire try to do certain activities on objects that are out in broad daylight, during the daytime, during clear weather. The examples I'll use are "Swim Laps" in a swimming pool, "Tend Garden/Harvest All" with garden plants, "Unload and Add to Wash Tub" for the wash tubs from LDSP, and "Unload and Add to Clothesline" also from LDSP.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the case of "Swim Laps", the option for a Vampire to do so won't even appear if the pool is outdoors during a sunny day. In the case of "Tend Garden/Harvest All" the game will mistakenly claim that no plants need tending, or that "That's all there is to harvest right now" even if that's not true. In the case of taking clothes to the wash tub, the Vampire will take clothes from the hamper/floor and then just drop them on the floor instead of taking them outside and adding them to the wash tub. In the case of taking washed clothes from the wash tub to the clothesline, the Sim will take them from the tub and drop them to the ground.
What do you expect to see? Vampires should be allowed to perform these actions, even if they're normally dangerous due to how sunlight affects Vampires normally. But they should especially be able to perform such actions when: 1) A Vampire has complete (Rank 3) of the Sunlight Resistance perk or 2) When the Vampire has drank the Sunlight Reversal Cocktail.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed this happening long before the 1.51.100.1020 update.

I get the game probably doesn't WANT Vampires to do outdoor activities, since it's normally deadly, but it shouldn't just outright stop us if we order them to do such things.

Especially if the Vampire in question isn't vulnerable to Sunlight any longer.

Message 1 of 5 (792 Views)

Re: [V] Vampires Unable To Do Certain Outdoor Activities

Hero
@Iyasenu Gardening has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampires-Harvest-All-Tend-Garden-for-only-one-plant/m-p...

I'll get back to you if there's separate threads needed for each of the interactions. The floating on back already has it's own too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (780 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Oh I knew about the floating on back, but that seems a separate issue from "Swim Laps".

A Vampire has the option to "Swim Laps" during the daytime as long as the pool is blocked from the sun, whereas a Vampire can't successfully Float on Back even if the pool is indoors, or if it's nighttime.
Message 3 of 5 (765 Views)

Hero
@Iyasenu Yeah, nto saying it's the same, just saying that also has it's own thread already.

I'll get back to you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (763 Views)

Hero
@Iyasenu Would you mind opening a thead for each instance of this ?

One for each of these

- Swim Laps
- And I think one thread for those two is fine: Unload and Add to Wash Tub" for the wash tubs from LDSP, and "Unload and Add to Clothesline" also from LDSP.

Thanks in advance-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (671 Views)