Re: Willing prey receiving unhappy texts after giving a vampire permission to fe

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampire drank blood and i was accused (Patch 1.75)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous,cats dogs, university,island and city living, get togethor, seasons, get to work, strangerville, vampire, jungle, parenthood, magic, dineout, vintage glamor, cool kitcher, spooky, holiday, eco, snowy escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start new game live in city apartments get a job, go to that job wait till your tired go to sleep. Wait a day or two to get vampire visit.
What happens when the bug occurs? A vamp hypnotized me out of bed and drank all my blood. Later that night I got a text from a person I met before saying i shouldn't go around drinking other peoples blood and then I got an evil reputation increase. To recount what happened. I started a new game and moved into the city in a apartment, found a job, went to that job, came home and went to sleep. Then a vampire that wasn't vlad crept into my home and drank all my blood. Then the next day after going through day and getting to bed the music turned on once more and this time it was vlad. He came inside and drank my blood. Thats when I got the text.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not get an evil reputation increase. And its not fun being drained off all your blood twice in a row.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was told to make a bug report about this here.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (2,269 Views)

Willing prey receiving unhappy texts after giving a vampire permission to feed

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything prior to High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire and at least one "plasma donor" sim in the same household. Have the vampire successfully ask for permission to feed. Unsure if certain ages, occults, or relbits have any effect on the bug's occurrence.
What happens when the bug occurs? After ~12 hours the vampire's victim/plasma donor receives a text message shaming them as though they were a vampire feeding without permission ("I can't believe that you've been drinking people's blood without their permission. That's just not right!") despite the fact that: a) They are not a vampire, and b) The vampire that did feed from them was given permission to do so
What do you expect to see? To only get these text messages delivered to a vampire, and not to their victim. To not get these text messages at all when the vampire successfully got permission to feed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The vampire is a teenager, and the donor receiving the texts is her adopted alien mother. I'm unsure if the vampire's age or the victim's alien occult or their familial relationship has any effect on whether they get texted. Since I've noticed the bug I've been using these two sims over the course of one sim week, and the text message seems to occur almost 100% of the time.

The vampire also has a human teenage sister (the biological daughter of their alien mother), and I've so far been unable to recreate the issue with her. She seems particularly adverse to being fed on, but on the few occasions she's given her permission I haven't noticed any bogus vampire-shaming text messages.

I can't say for sure whether this started happening before or after the latest update, as I normally ignore my sims' phones.

Note in the attached screenshot that the incoming text message accuses the Sim of feeding without permission, but in their Needs window you can see that the sim is missing any aspects of the Vampire Needs window, and is clearly not a vampire.

Message 2 of 10 (2,081 Views)

Re: Willing prey receiving unhappy texts after giving a vampire permission to fe

Hero
@HoshinoKuma This is an older bug that was fixed a while ago. Maybe it's not for certain Sims.

Are both teens ingame born ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  -  The vampire teen was adopted over the phone, and the half-alien teen was born in-game. Their mother was created two days ago in CAS as a fresh household, if that makes any difference.

Message 4 of 10 (2,060 Views)

Hero
@HoshinoKuma Just wanted to be sure there's no gallery Sims involved as old bug sometimes persist on certain Sims.

I actually found this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/V-Vampire-drank-my-blood-and-i-was-accused-of-drinking-blood/t... that's still open.

That sounds like what you are seeing, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict - That's the one! I couldn't find any similar posts when I did my own search. I'll go add a "me too" to it - thanks for giving me your time Standard smile
Message 6 of 10 (2,039 Views)

Hero
@HoshinoKuma I merged your report then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having this bug, too, with a human sim married to a vampire sim (both raised from teenagers). I don’t think I had the bug prior to installing High School Years, but it’s been happening lately. The human sim is one I played since prior to HSY (teen prior to HSY), but the vampire sim was created after HSY (as a teen), and both were sims I created in my own game, not downloaded from Gallery. I’m not sure if that makes a difference but thought I’d mentioned it. I’ve had the Vampires pack for a long time and hadn’t had this issue before that I can recall. (My game is patched to 1.91.205.1020.)

Message 8 of 10 (1,545 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (1,351 Views)

Non-vampire Sim getting scolded for drinking blood

★★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I do not own: Batuu, Strangerville, My first pet, Toddler, Bowling night, Kids room, Movie hangout, Spooky, Cool kitchen, Carnival kit, Modern menswear kit, Industrial loft, Fashion street kit, Bust the dust kit, Throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Might be difficult but have Vampire Sim in your family who drank blood without permission and wait for the text message.
What happens when the bug occurs? The text message appears with the wrong Sim - I double checked which Sim got it, and it was my non-vampire Sim - he was never a vampire.
What do you expect to see? For the actual Vampire Sim to get the text message IF they have been seen compelling for blood.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Non-vampire SimSims 4 Screenshot 2022.11.26 - 18.21.26.68.png

Message 10 of 10 (952 Views)