by CrisisChick360

Original Post

[V] [SE] Vampire freezing to death

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just put a vampire outside in cold or freezing weather and the *Chilled" icon will pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire starts to freeze to death.
What do you expect to see? The vampire not be affected by temperature (i.e. cold/hot).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Before the latest patch, my vampire Sim was unaffected by freezing and overheating. Now, my Sim freezes/overheats to death. I thought Vampires were immune to death by freezing and overheating. Is there a way to fix this?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (1,755 Views)

Re: Vampire freezing to death

Hero
@CrisisChick360 Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,708 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry about that! I edited it Standard smile 

Message 3 of 13 (1,683 Views)

Hero
@CrisisChick360 is your Vampire also obsessed with the fireplace ?

And not your fault. The template is currently a bit of a mess. Thanks for filling it out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,659 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My vampire hasn't done that yet. I have noticed that they only get the chilled icon when they're in the Snowy Escape world (Yukimatsu). When it's cold/freezing in other worlds, my vampire is unaffected. 

Message 5 of 13 (1,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think I found the cause. In every save, I decided to visit the Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse and that's when the "Immune to Temperature" buff gets deleted for some unknown reason. However, when I don't visit that place and visit every other place instead like the rental vacation houses in Yukimatsu, my vampire keeps that buff. Same for the other worlds. I literally have no idea why it's doing that. 

Message 6 of 13 (1,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CrisisChick360 That's interesting.

Is it if you use the hotsprings or only visit the onsen ? If it's the hotsprings, does it also happen if you use those on other lots ?

Wonder if that's the reason others are still seeing obsession with fireplaces.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (1,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's only when I visit the onsen. I'm going to test the hot spring by putting it on a blank lot. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hot springs are fine! It's just that bathhouse lot that somehows deletes the buff through magical means.

Message 9 of 13 (1,535 Views)

Hero
@CrisisChick360 OK. thanks for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,519 Views)