Re: Spellcaster Merman sim glitch, any ideas?

by ValFreya13

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [V] [ROM] [IL] Hybrids/Mermaids walk with tail (Patch 1.72)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Snowy Escape, Get Together, Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, City Living Game Packs: Journey to Bantuu, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Dine-out, Vampires, Parenthood Stuff Packs: Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Toddler, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen, Nifty Knitting, Backyard, Fitness, Perfect Patio, Kids room Kits: Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any occult sim (Mermaid Sim, Vampire Sim, or Spellcaster Sim) "try for baby" with a different occult (Mermaid Sim, Vampire Sim, or Spellcaster Sim).
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim baby is made. When the baby becomes a teen sim, they are hybrid sims. Sims will have powers of one occult, with physical form of another. Neither form showing up in CAS.
What do you expect to see? A baby sim made with only one occult trait instead of both or neither appearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I thought this had been patched out a while ago. Unfortunately, my game keeps producing very buggy hybrid sims. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tags

Message 1 of 65 (4,276 Views)

Re: [V] [ROM] [IL] Offsprings of two occults are still Hybrids (Patch 1.72)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

The generally accepted solution:  either with cheats or with in-game mechanics, remove one of the two occult forms from your Sim. Hybrids are not supported and they have no plans to support hybrids in the future, so they're buggy and have UI glitches.  Mermaid hybrids in particular tend to glitch out in a way that leaves them swimming through land and walking on their tail.  Frown

The cheats method:

Press control-shift-c and enter testing cheats on

To remove spellcaster, type traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult

To remove vampire, type traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire

To remove mermaid, type traits.remove_trait trait_OccultMermaid

The in-game mechanics method:

To remove spellcaster, go to the Realm of Magic and ask a sage for the Rite of Dissolution.

To remove vampire, level vampire lore to 15, purchase the ingredients, and make the Ultimate Vampire Cure at a bar. (This is expensive!)

To remove mermaid, eat TWO mermadic kelps, which are available either through gameplay (diving, exploring the cave, both are unreliable) or through the reward store.

The completely unsupported solution:  Iced Cream has a hybrid stabilizer that I've experimented with and it works well for me.  Forum rules forbid directly linking mods, but I got it from modthesims.info.  Again, this is the completely unsupported solution.  Use at your own risk. 

Message 2 of 65 (4,160 Views)

Re: [V] [ROM] [IL] Offsprings of two occults are still Hybrids (Patch 1.72)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just aged up my Sim's kids and they're also hybrids. 

Packs I have are Island Living, City Living, Snowy Escape, Realm of Magic, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, the free Holiday Celebration and Ghoulish Guitar packs and Bust the Dust. I play on Xbox too.

I posted below the screenshots I took. 

First screenshot shows her after I had her dive into the water to see if she actually was a hybrid (since both she and her twin did mermaid animations after aging up). Clicked her and as you can see in the screenshot she has both Magic and Mermaid powers. 

Second screenshot is her standing on land after I had her swim to shore. She still has her tail. 

Third screenshot is her moving (more like swimming) to a spot on land after I told her to go somewhere. 

If it helps, my Sim had twins with Paka'a Uha and they're both Spellcasters upon aging up (and yes, my Sim is a Spellcaster).

Message 3 of 65 (4,100 Views)

Spellcaster Merman sim glitch, any ideas?

★★★★★ Apprentice

So it turned out that my 61st baby in my 100 babies challenge is a merman. But not in CAS. Only ingame.

When he was a kid, he left the lot on a cold fall morning before school to go swimming in the lake of Mt. Komorebi. He got stuck in that lake. I shift clicked and reset him. I made him walk out. I called his mother to the shore and she called him out. He was freezing. But all commands just queued up and would not drop down and lead to any action. I saved and quit the game. When I started again, he was able to swim out and go to school.

Now he aged up to a teenager. Ingame I was a bit surprised that he had face paint. However, he was a normal teenager in CAS, without any facepaint. Spellcaster, ancient bloodline, Sulani Mana trait inherited from his mother.

When I sent him swimming to our indoor pool, all of a sudden I saw he had "hydration" in his menu, and he had a bright yellow merman fin. He swam in the pool and then got stuck swimming under the stairway. I clicked on the fridge so he could get some food and he swam through the floor to the fridge, stood up with his fin, swam to a table and sat down with his fin. There was no way to change him back to human. No reset, no change outfit. He actually spinned several times what sims do when they change their outfits, but he kept being a merman. I think he swam to school.

I quit the game again and restarted. Went straight to CAS. He is not a merman in CAS.

How can this be? Can this be fixed? If it can't, I am thinking about aging him up earlier and moving him out of the house. Any ideas highly appreciated.

Message 4 of 65 (4,051 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Wow that is quite a glitch! Are you using any mods? If so, try removing them and seeing if it still happens without them. You can also try repairing the game through Origin and seeing if that helps. 

Message 5 of 65 (4,034 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Lailantie I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 6 of 65 (4,029 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @PoptartJuniper . I already thought my save file was broken again... I'll try that mermaid trait removal cheat and if it doesn't work I will just age him up and make him move out. So with that bug it might be not a good idea to find further fathers of my babies in Sulani.

Message 7 of 65 (4,013 Views)

Offsprings of 2 occults are still Hybrids & in-game reversal methods not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Literally all! Can't name it all, plus it's in portuguese.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As stated before, you just need two different occults to have a baby. In my case I made a Mermaid Sim and she lived in Forgotten Hollow, meeting Caleb later. And you know what happened after.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the baby becomes a teen Sim, they are hybrid sims. The Sim got both powers (Mermaid + Vampire), physically she was only a mermaid, walking on her tail everywhere. In CAS she only shows vampire form. All the changes I do in her outfits, doesn't save at all, everytime I go in CAS, she has different clothes on.
What do you expect to see? To be honest, I really thought hybrids could occur, but I had no idea it was bugged, I only got to know after I see my teen all bugged out and coming to search for explanations.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First of all, I'm sorry for making a new thread, I tried to reply to an existing one (Offsprings of two occults are still Hybrids (Patch 1.72), but for some reason there was no "Me too" option nor I could post in there (forum newbie here...).
Anyways,  I tried to make her transform in Vampire option, but she didn't change at all. Tried to change clothes, but they were all mermaid form, as shown in the attachements (sadly can only att 3 files...).
I really wanted to play cheat mode free, so I went through all the efforts to make the Vampire drink (Ultimate Vampire Cure), made her get max level with vampire books, searched for all the ingredients and made the drink (RIP Simoleons), which didn't work. Made her eat tons of mermaid fruits (kelps?), didn't work at all (I know it's only 2... but I tried in different times, just in case she wasn't in the mood).
So I had to go for cheats... Which worked (yey Frown ), but I wanted to let you guys know about my issue, regarding the Vampire drink and Kelps not working and all visual bugs... and hopefully solve it for everyone having it, since I've read it exists it's been a while now ~
Ah yes, forgot to say, I might have created that baby before updating to the latest patch (it was version 1.63 I guess..) . Didn't try after the patch though. Any further information you might need, I'll be happy to help!

Message 8 of 65 (3,916 Views)

Re: Offsprings of 2 occults are still Hybrids & in-game reversal methods not

Hero
@GIammeow I merged your thread. The reason you couldn't me too is cause you already did so yesterday.

Not sure why you couldn't post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 65 (3,911 Views)

Re: Offsprings of 2 occults are still Hybrids & in-game reversal methods not

★★ Novice

Ooh ups! I didn't remember! Haha I'm really noob here. Also I'm testing the "Reply" option, maybe that's how we post here? Not sure... Because I don't have any "post field".
Regarding the bugs, they will eventually fix it with patches/updates, right? (I know there's priorities, just wondering how will I know it got fixed meanwhile, or should I check the forum often?).
Many thanks for merging btw!

Message 10 of 65 (3,880 Views)