Re: Offsprings of 2 occults are still Hybrids & in-game reversal methods not

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@GIammeow  Alas, my understanding is that they've been trying to patch hybrids out of being produced (and I think they succeeded for a while) but do not intend to patch hybrids into functioning in a non-glitchy manner. This makes me sad because I like the idea of hybrids and have had them born in game as well, but.... they're not supported. 

I'm not sure how (or if) they plan to handle in-game reversal methods not working.  They worked for me and my friend the last few times we've had hybrids, but that was several patches ago.

I don't think they work on every bug reported in the forum, only those that affect a large number of users in a way that they can consistently reproduce. I don't work for EA but that's my impression.  That's why it's important to click "me, too."

Message 11 of 65 (1,190 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@GIammeow Best is to subscribe to this thread (three dots on the thread - subscribe).

This way you get an email for any updates in this thread.

Yes, you can either click quick reply or reply to answer a post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 65 (1,172 Views)

★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn same, I was actually happy to see she had both powers and even both appearences, when she grew up to a teen sim. But I got confused when the CAS wasn't working properly and the mermaid tail wouldn't disappear. They could fix only that and we would be happy! Hahah but yep, the reversal methods didn't work. You could try and see if it's general or it was just bad luck for me.
Ah well... It is what it is, thank you both for the explanations and help! Will be patiently waiting for updates on this ~
Message 13 of 65 (1,157 Views)

Mermaids opt for fish tails instead of legs for walking

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Get Famous, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Island Living - Mermaid Sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaid Sims enjoy their fish tails so much, they have opt to walk around on their fish tails instead of legs. Also sometimes still has the automation of swimming when walking out of ocean onto land.
What do you expect to see? Mermaid Sims using their fish tails when swimming or taking a bath, and using their legs to actually walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the last 2 updates for 4/27/21 and 4/28/21. I also had mods, uninstalled the mods, and nothing changed.

Mermaids opt for fish tails instead of legs

Message 14 of 65 (1,174 Views)

Re: Mermaids opt for fish tails instead of legs for walking

[ Edited ]
Hero

@midKnightredd Did you delete your cache files after removing mods ?

Also did you try taking the mermaids in question to CAS after removing mods and back to see if the problem gets solved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 65 (1,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Totally unsupported suggestion, but Iced Cream’s hybrid stabilizer mod was originally created for this problem in hybrids. (Honestly, I think it just pops mermaid off the Sim when leaving a body of water and pops it back on immediately after.) Maybe it would help?

Message 16 of 65 (1,143 Views)

Re: [V] [ROM] [IL] Offsprings of two occults are still Hybrids (Patch 1.72)

★★★★★ Expert
@xochiquetzl_xkvn The cheat for removing the spellcaster trait is different from the other two, is that correct?
Message 17 of 65 (1,119 Views)

Re: [V] [ROM] [IL] Offsprings of two occults are still Hybrids (Patch 1.72)

★★★★ Expert

@GiardiniDiMarzoYes. 

But since you asked, I googled, and...

https://sims-online.com/sims-4-realm-of-magic-cheats-spellcaster-witch/

https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-4/the-sims-4-spellcaster-cheats/

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/09/11/sims-4-realm-of-magic-cheats-how-to-become-a-spellcaster-witch...

I don't know why they chose to name the trait that, but they did.  There's not really anything enforcing a convention other than "house style," if I understand correctly.

Message 18 of 65 (1,103 Views)

Champion

@midKnightredd Hi!  I don't know about the mod that @xochiquetzl_xkvn suggested but the only time I've seen that issue was when I attempted to make a mermaid / spellcaster hybrid.  That doesn't mean it's the only thing that can cause this issue.  I was just wondering if your sim was a hybrid too.  If not, I suggest following @crinrict 's advice, then come back to let them know if it worked or not.  Good luck!! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 19 of 65 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@JonaO703 @midKnightredd  Yeah, I have a save with a mermaid who's married to a spellcaster, so I'm quite familiar with this glitch.  :D

I've never seen it with non-hybrids, but if the mod helps hybrids with the issue it might also help non-hybrids with the issue, too.  I've never seen it on a non-hybrid so I can't test it for you, but it's worth a shot. 

Message 20 of 65 (1,114 Views)