[NEEDS SAVES] [V] [LDSP] Vampires with bat movement can't do laundry or clean up

by TheBl4ckSh33p

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [V] [LDSP] Vampires with bat movement can't do laundry or clean up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enable always flying as bat (sorry don't know English name if it) and try to do laundry, clean up etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims Flys away, lands, takes the item, drops the item
What do you expect to see? Take item and do something with it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Didn't try cloud teleport yet. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added tag to title

Message 1 of 9 (1,742 Views)

Re: Vampire Sims with bat movement can't do laundry or clean up

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheBl4ckSh33p Thanks for making a new thread. You might have missed my edit so, do you see it generally ?

There's this issue that could be the cause this time: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-are-constantly-disappearing-and/td-p/97... ?

Do you see it only when they do laundry/clean up?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,725 Views)

Re: Vampire Sims with bat movement can't do laundry or clean up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictYes, only when picking up things so far. The moved around as expected otherwise.

PS. When I fill out the form there's a preview button. But then there's only cancel, no post button on mobile. 🤔

Message 3 of 9 (1,714 Views)

[V] Vampires With Bat-Form Won't Throw Trash Away

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? V1.80
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a vampire with bat-form on in a house with an indoor and outdoor trash can.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampires that use bat-form will pick up trash, (like pet poo from the yard or cleaning up diapers/bottles from the floor) and immediately throw it back down on the ground. Then, they complain about the trash they threw on the ground and get stuck standing there, not doing anything or taking care of their needs. Placing a trash can directly in front of a stuck sim and selecting the trash to throw it away again does not work. They will still throw it on the ground.
What do you expect to see? Vampires with bat-form should be able to pick up trash, use their bat-form to teleport to a trash can, throw the trash away and continue as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've already tried switching all the indoor trash cans with the self-disposing ones. That seemed to help for a while, then it stopped. I have multiple regular indoor trash cans, self-disposing trash cans and outdoor trash cans on every floor of my house. I've already moved them off the lot, it still happens. I've moved them back on the lot, it still happens. I've replaced the house with a new one, it still happens. I've done the whole power-cycling and cache clearing routine as well, this still happens.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 9 (1,416 Views)

Re: Vampires With Bat-Form Won't Throw Trash Away

★★★★★ Guide

@AstroNovice I've had the samething happen with many sims not just vampire with ability to use bat form. i usually just reset the sim and the trash gets put where it's supposed to go. Really annoying when hey complain about the mess they just made isn't it!

Message 5 of 9 (1,401 Views)

Champion
@ReneHollyDesign1 Yes, that's true. But Bat form seems to be broken, there are some other bug reports.
Message 6 of 9 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Gagea25 So are you telling me reset sim doesn't work then?

Message 7 of 9 (1,367 Views)

Vampire Sim won't clean dishes as bat

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Seasons, Romantic Garden Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff, Get Together, Get To Work, Dream Home Decorator, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Bonus Content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have Vampire "Always Move as Bat" enabled 2. Attempt to "Clean Up" dishes
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim with "Always Move as Bat" enabled will fly to the dishes as a bat, pick up the dirty dishes, then place them back down and then immediately clear the queue.
What do you expect to see? Sim should fly to the dirty dishes, pick them up, and take them to the dishwasher or sink to clean.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I did have mods installed, but I removed ALL mods and CC, and this still occurred. I have videos that I can't upload (it says to upload videos to help, but file extension isn't supported, and a zip file doesn't work either). Vampire Sims that have "Always Move as Bat" disabled can clean up dishes like expected.

I've tried moving the sink/dishwasher, deleting them and replacing them. I even moved the dirty dishes closer to the kitchen, but all has the same effect.

EDIT: This seems to happen with anything the vampire Sim has to pickup. Noticed it as well with telling the Sim to put a book away (picked it up, deleted it's queue for it, and put it back down).

Message 8 of 9 (813 Views)

Re: Vampire Sim won't clean dishes as bat

EA Sims Team
@trav1295

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your video and save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9 (710 Views)