by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[OPEN] Upgraded beds give two contradictory moodlets

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Vampires, Seasons, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Spooky Stuff, Get Together, City Living, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fully upgrade a cheap bed and have a sim sleep in it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim has a chance to generate the cheap bed moodlet
What do you expect to see? With the option to upgrade beds available, the beds should not be uncomfortable once upgraded.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre-Tiny Living patch which added the option to upgrade beds

Not sure if this is a bug, an oversight, or working as intended. I was under the impression that upgrading the beds would give us the benefits of a more expensive, more comfortable bed while still using a preferred style that is not as good unmodified. So I was kind of taken back when one of my sim's children woke up from a fully upgraded bed with the uncomfortable "cheap bed" moodlet... I mean, it IS a cheap bed, but it has been improved so I don't feel like it should be making my sims uncomfortable.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (4,023 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Upgraded beds are uncomfortable

★★★★★ Guide
@ravencoal : What mods do you have? Is the bed in question a CC one?
Message 2 of 13 (3,957 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ravencoal I don't think upgrading beds will remove the "uncomfortable" moodlet, I think it just regenerates the sim's energy faster.

Upgrading and removing "uncomfortable" would kinda defeat the purpose of the more expensive beds wouldn't it?
Message 3 of 13 (3,932 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm hearing this was an intentional design choice, upgrading your bed definitely helps but it's still a cheap bed Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 13 (3,875 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick It still just seems really dumb on the occasions when my sims wake up with BOTH the happy upgraded bed moodlet AND the uncomfortable cheap bed moodlet. Like, make up your mind how you felt about your sleep? I guess I just misunderstood what the upgrade would actually do.
Message 5 of 13 (3,814 Views)

Upgraded uncomfortable bed moodlet broken.

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get together, Cats and dogs, Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So basically when sleeping on an uncomfortable/cheap bed there is a chance that you will get the "Sore back!" (uncomfortable 1) moodlet. When you fully upgrade a bed you can obtain the perfect firmness moodlet. When you fully upgrade a cheap bed you can get both moodlets at once which is directly contradictory as sore back complains that the mattress was too hard and perfect firmness states that it was perfect. I think that you should remove the sore back moodlet once a bed is fully upgraded to fix this as it seems fair that a handy sim can fix a bad bed. If you remove this moodlet on upgraded beds it also adds the ability for people to use these beds more as they wont be that bad.
What happens when the bug occurs? When this bug occurs you get two moodlets that contradict themselves.
What do you expect to see? When you sleep on a fully upgraded uncomfortable bed you can get both contradictory moodlets complaining about the matress being too hard and one saying the matress was "like sleeping on a cloud".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I attached a series of screenshots relating to the problem I explained above.

Message 6 of 13 (3,254 Views)

Bunk bed is simultaneously both comfortable and uncomfortable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SO MANY OMG. All expansion packs. All game packs except Journey to Batuu. All stuff packs except backyard stuff, movie hangout stuff, luxury party stuff, and Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the "mod pod" bunk bed and perform the mattress upgrade on it, then have your Sim sleep on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your Sim will simultaneously have the moodlets "Perfect Firmness" (from mattress upgrade, like sleeping on a cloud!) and "Sore back" (from cheap bed).
What do you expect to see? I expect the bed to be either comfortable or uncomfortable, not both simultaneously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bunk bed patch, naturally.

One of these things is not like the others!  One of these things just doesn't belong...

Message 7 of 13 (3,060 Views)

Re: Bunk bed is simultaneously both comfortable and uncomfortable

Hero
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Think this might be tying into this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Upgraded-beds-are-uncomfortable/m-p/8702606

You get a sore back since it's a cheap bed but the mattress itself gives you a positive one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (3,030 Views)

Re: Bunk bed is simultaneously both comfortable and uncomfortable

★★★★ Expert

I ended up replacing the bed;  I just... thought it was funny that the bed was simultaneoulsy comfortable and uncomfortable.  Schroedinger's comfort?

Message 9 of 13 (2,996 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Upgraded beds are uncomfortable

Community Manager (retired)

To amend my previous post, I didn't realize the upgraded cheap bed was giving two contradictory moodlets at the same time. That's not by design, that's just weird, thanks for all the reports Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (2,861 Views)