Updated sneakers have inconsistent sizes for female Sims

by ImKersha

Original Post

Updated sneakers have inconsistent sizes for female Sims

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs except for Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS, pick a female Sim and switch between different sneakers swatches that came with the latest SDX drop (screenshot provided).
What happens when the bug occurs? The sneakers swatches have inconsistent sizes.
What do you expect to see? All the sneakers swatches should have the same size.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the latest SDX drop.

The sneakers that were updated with the latest SDX drop have different sizes depending on the swatch. The issue affects only female Sims.

example.png

Message 1 of 7 (1,422 Views)

Re: Updated sneakers have inconsistent sizes for female Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think this has to deal with the fact that the SDX focused on giving male clothing more swatches and those shoes were originally for the male frame before the gender customization update back in 2016. If you look at some swatches for the base game jeans, the stomach area is absent on female frames but work fine for male frames (I checked on both frames). I'm not sure if that is the reason for the shoes being bigger, but that is my guess.

Message 2 of 7 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Guide

These screenshots are what I was referring to in my last comment. I think because the focus was on the male frame and giving males more clothes/swatches, the clothing don't adjust as well to the female frame as the swatches before the SDX.

Message 3 of 7 (1,384 Views)

★ Guide

The reason this is happening is because the new swatches are incorrectly flagged as female. So when a female Sim has them on, it's using the male feet because they are male shoes. The same is happening to the new swatches for the shirts and pants too (giving female Sims a male torso or legs). When they are only flagged as male, they behave normally and don't override the female feet (same for shirts and pants). I had to go into Sims 4 Studio to fix them all for myself, unchecking the female flag under "Age & Gender Flags" for them to work properly on female Sims.

The files affected:

ymShoes_SneakersLowtop

ymTop_ShirtButtonOpen

ymTop_TshirtRolled

ymBottom_Pants_Jeans

ymBottom_Pants

ymBottom_PantsCargo

Also, the two new shirts (ymTop_SDX016Rolled, and ymTop_SDX016TouristShirt) should not be flagged feminine fashion choice, as they were not made for the female frame and look goofy. They should not be showing in the catalog for female Sims unless feminine is unchecked in the filters, like all other male clothes.

Message 4 of 7 (1,370 Views)

★★ Pro
@Skaazilla Thanks for sharing your findings! I just wish we get an official fix for this because I have no interest in messing around with these myself, I have spent enough time on S4S after the patches fixing mods so... please EA just do your job, ok?
Message 5 of 7 (1,343 Views)

★★ Pro
@ImKersha also unfortunately this sideview doesn't really do justice to the issue, it's so much worse if you look at the feet straight from the front. They just look so dumb with my poor teenage girl's feet as her feet just become enormous if you change to the new swatches :D
Message 6 of 7 (1,340 Views)

CAS - Feet changing shape in sneakers

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits, werewolves, batuu, wedding stories, high school
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a female sim. Give her the classic base game sneakers (as shown in the screenshot). When you choose the 'male' color swatches, here feet change shape to masculine feet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Her feet get larger and wider.
What do you expect to see? No change in feet shape. Keep the female foot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update in which female clothes are available for males and vice versa

In CAS, when you chose the base game classic sneaker as shown in the screenshot, and you choose one of the swatches which was originally developed for male sims, her feet change to a masculine shape. The other way around is no problem; male sims wearing these sneakers in the female color swatches keep their feet shape.

Message 7 of 7 (847 Views)