Unrecognized device on a 2019 phone and pixelated graphics

by TheFlamer478

Original Post

Unrecognized device on a 2019 phone and pixelated graphics

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy a20
OS Version Android 10
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at everything it's pretty easy to see the pixelated graphics.
What do you expect to see? Smoother objects and non pixelated graphics.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I had a older phone before this one and it worked fine the graphics were fine,so I don't see why this should be a unrecognizable device when it's only from last year .

1. Those are some examples of the pixelated graphics, and the last pic is sometimes the Sims images won't load in and will show that.
Message 1 of 4 (619 Views)

Re: Unrecognized device on a 2019 phone and pixelated graphics

Community Manager

Hi @TheFlamer478

Thanks for filling out the bug report template. There's two things happening here

1. Graphics issues
  2. Unrecognized device

For the graphics issue, newer devices don't necessarily mean stronger or better performing devices. The specs on the phone will give a good indicator of how they can perform. What can help is making sure there is enough RAM for the game to use, ensuring background apps are turned off and keeping the phone and app up to date with updates to optimize the performance of the hardware you're working with. Aside from that there isn't anything to advise as this isn't a bug or technical issue. 

The unrecognized device is an unusual message to get for a Samsung Galaxy a20. We've tested the Samsung Galaxy a20 on our end and we do not get that message in the Google Play store. What this means the device make and model are supported. It may be an issue with the Google Play store or something on your personal device. We can suggest some basic troubleshooting that may help with the latter. Could you give the steps in this thread a try please and see if that helps with that error message?

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (491 Views)

★ Novice

I tried everything it's still saying the device is unrecognizable

Message 3 of 4 (464 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @TheFlamer478,

Thanks for trying those steps. My advise would be to connect with the Google Play Store support team for further assistance with this. They may be able to investigate the issue further as the Google Play store isn't recognizing a device that is supported. This link redirects to their Help center page: https://support.google.com/googleplay/?hl=en#topic=3364261

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (427 Views)