Unplayable: Game does not start after EAC splash screen

by neo_razgriz

Original Post

Re: Unplayable: Game does not start after EAC splash screen

★★★★ Novice
Message 71 of 109 (1,508 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

2020, paid 40 bucks for this * that won't launch.  BOOT DISK TIME?? * off EA.

Message 72 of 109 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@BLK-SQ_LukeTS117 Hey, sorry if i don't jump to a fresh windows install every time a game decides not to work.
I'd honestly rather not bother with this game if it requires me to reinstall windows. What if it doesn't work? Or stops working after a while? Should i reinstall every time a buggy game feels like causing trouble?

Sorry, but that's asking too much.

Please forgive me for not marking this as an "Acceptable Solution", since this solution is not acceptable to me.
Message 73 of 109 (1,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@neo_razgriz yeah ofcourse, no worries. but it doesnt seem to be a problem from EA, but more of an EAC (easy anti cheat) problem. for example: halo maste chief edition wouldnt launch ( works on EAC ) same for rust ( also works on EAC ) all with the same problem: it wouldnt go past the EAC splash screen. i dont think you'll find your answer here, i think if you want it properly fixed you need to go bug EAC
Message 74 of 109 (1,409 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@BLK-SQ_LukeTS117 I tried, but they only have an online form which states they will get back to me within 2 weeks time.
I've filled it 3 times already, and waited a few months, but didn't get a reply.
There is no other way to contact them for support. That's why i was hoping EA has a back-channel to talk to them
Message 75 of 109 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with a new intel build with a 3080 rtx graphics card.  The game runs fine without EAC but I can only play single player then.  If I start the EAC launcher, the splash screen just disappears.  I find the game dumped on startup but there are no EAC errors in the EAC log.  HELP!

Message 76 of 109 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having same issue with the Steam version Star Wars Squadrons. Haven't played it since the update but gave it a whirl during the holidays and can't get beyond the EASY Cheat splash screen. The splash screen disappears and the Squadrons icon is removed form the task bar.  Steam tells me the game is still running. Task manager tells me the game is still running but somethings not right.

I've:

verified the files

uninstalled and reinstalled Squadrons

tried to run in VR mode and non VR mode

Altered my screen resolution

Changed the high DPI settings

uninstalled Steam VR and Reinstalled

Message 77 of 109 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hunterdanm and also done a clean boot.
Message 78 of 109 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hunterdanm and updated nvidia drivers
Message 79 of 109 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Friendly reminder to contact Easy Anti Cheat via their support form: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/tech/

They haven't answered me, but maybe they'll answer some of you...

Message 80 of 109 (1,240 Views)