Unplayable: Game does not start after EAC splash screen

by neo_razgriz

Original Post

Re: Unplayable: Game does not start after EAC splash screen

★★ Novice

Just to add to this, I'm in the same boat. Created another topic here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-does-not-start-after-splash-screen/m-p/9795412/highlight/...

Message 61 of 109 (1,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 @EA_Tom , this game has been sitting in my steam library for 2 months now, i have  "played" 92 minutes trying to start it up. can we AT LEAST get an update on how the bug fixes are progressing? or if you guys are working on it at all? it feels as if EA just doesnt seem to care. its been a month since the last official reply, and id like to play the game that i bought 2 months ago

Message 62 of 109 (1,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm in the same boat as @BLK-SQ_LukeTS117
I've already given up on playing this, uninstalled this as it is a waste of SSD space and a waste of money...

Such a shame, really, i have many friends in the simming and space combat communities who would love to play it, but don't want to waste money on a game that doesn't work.

Message 63 of 109 (1,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

For those that are experiencing this problem right now, perhaps it's the same bug I experienced yesterday: Easy Anti-Cheat Error starting Squadrons: Untrusted System File vrclient_x64.dll - Answer HQ

As a workaround, try to install/update/uninstall and reinstall SteamVR (free on Steam) and see if that helps (yes, even if you don't have any VR hardware - for some reason Easy Anti-Cheat has had a problem when the SteamVR vrclient_x64.dll is missing and/or outdated since yesterday). That workaround worked for me.

Message 64 of 109 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No luck!

Message 65 of 109 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this same issue. I was using Steam. I did the following but do not know for certain if it is why I can now play without issue. 
I noticed my OS drive had less than 7 GB free so freed up about 29 GB. I also shut off Windows Defender and installed AVG. Again, I do not know if either of these actions affected my inability to get the game to work, but the game has started after repeated attempts without issue. 

Message 66 of 109 (1,809 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Ericsorry for the random ping, but it seems @EA_Stafford and @EA_Tom do not exist anymore...
Can you please have someone look at this issue? All of us can't launch the game at all.

Thanks

Message 67 of 109 (1,774 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@neo_razgriz @EA_Eric is also a retired community manager man
Message 68 of 109 (1,682 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@BLK-SQ_LukeTS117 Well damn... Can anyone ping an active community manager to follow up here?
Message 69 of 109 (1,671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright,

ive got it working. For everyone who's having this problem, you HAVE to do a full reset of your pc. why or how, i dont know, but reset +reinstall windows form pc worked. my gam just launched, so ima enjoy a game of SW squadrons. as far as i know, there is NO other way to help out with this problem, and believe me, ive looked far and wide...

Message 70 of 109 (1,568 Views)