Unit directional change delay

by afk2008

Original Post

Unit directional change delay

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) S9+
OS Version Current
What is your Player ID? ArmaWpm
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Units delayed reaction to directional changes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change the destination of a harvester from the original destination upon build
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I send out a harvester and try to send it to a different spot and it ignores the order for a few seconds. The white destination line and location are all visible, however the harvester continues to the preset location upon build. It cost me a few wins, btw. My harvester went down and around a rock towards enemies for no apparent reason on multiple occasions.

Message 1 of 8 (1,028 Views)

Re: Unit directional change delay

EA Live QV Team

Hey @afk2008 thanks for reaching out! We are aware of an issue with pathing and units going in the wrong direction and will hope to roll out a fix in a future update.

Message 2 of 8 (986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Grasshopper, you are asking us to sit tight, to keep playing when the game has a major bug? You understand how many matches and the amount of frustration this is causing players? What is your ETA for fixing this? I wonder how many players, rather than wait for you update, are leaving? 

Message 3 of 8 (981 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Grasshopper wrote:

Hey @afk2008 thanks for reaching out! We are aware of an issue with pathing and units going in the wrong direction and will hope to roll out a fix in a future update.

@EA_Grasshopper 
I can't think of a good reason why this should not be fixed within 24 to 48 hours. The code is already there. Nothing new needs to be implemented. Just revert the pathfinding code to how it was in version 1.6 of the game. It was not ideal, but certainly a lot better than what we have now.

Message 4 of 8 (976 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @FlyingMan2019 and @Mister_Crac I am aware of how frustrating this is, I'm affected by it too! If it was an easy fix it would be rolled out already but it appears to require a client update which takes longer than a server update to prep and roll out. I don't have an ETA as a timeline has not yet been figured out for this next update. Reverting to a previous client is not an easy fix either as server versions need to match also and changing this would cause so many more issues. Please be patient, I'm passing all of your concerns over to the team, they know how pressing this is but things require planning still. Thanks!

Message 5 of 8 (971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m shocked, it’s like amateur hour. This problem is huge. Did they not test the release? If yes, then you need better testers. Currently I’ve reduced my play and not spending another single cent, and I’m looking. I’m sure I’m not alone. 

Message 6 of 8 (959 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Grasshopper wrote:

Reverting to a previous client is not an easy fix either as server versions need to match also and changing this would cause so many more issues. Please be patient, I'm passing all of your concerns over to the team, they know how pressing this is but things require planning still. Thanks!

I did not mean to revert the client completely. Just the code that does the pathfinding. This could be reverted to how it was before version 1.7, and then a new version like 1.7.1 of the client could be built. Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (957 Views)

★ Novice

What is with the erratic movement of troops/harvesters etc. ever since the last update it has been terrible...starting to cost me wins!!

Message 8 of 8 (888 Views)