Unit Firing Range or Distance

by ravedojek

Original Post

Unit Firing Range or Distance

★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Long range units will engage enemy units from within range of enemy units.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select friendly unit, fire at enemy unit with less range than friendly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Friendly units will engage enemy units at a distance closer than the maximum range of the friendly unit's weapon.
What do you expect to see? Long range units should attack short range units at a distance further than that of the short range unit.

When a friendly unit is selected and commanded to attack an enemy unit they will almost always approach and attack from a distance within the firing range of the enemy unit.

EXAMPLE: A medium tank with a range of 4.75 should be able to attack a guard tower with a range of 4 without danger. This only occurs when the tank is forced to stop and attack, and not by default. However, the AI units will use their distance advantage when a NOD artillery with a range of 6 safely fires at a guard tower with a range of 4.

I believe an evaluation of the unit ranges and behaviors would benefit the player experience. As a kid I played C&C95 with a passion and while I'm thrilled it was remastered it could still use some polish. 

Message 1 of 3 (835 Views)

Re: Unit Firing Range or Distance

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ravedojek 

I have noticed that this is an issue with turret facing; units (and even turrets) seem to be considered as having slightly more range when facing towards their target.

I reported this issue internally.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (800 Views)

Re: Unit Firing Range or Distance

★ Novice
@Nyerguds I believe NOD turrets have a range of 7, making them very effective and possibly one of the the longest range unit.
Message 3 of 3 (785 Views)