Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Uninvited sims walking into house to 'catch up' with celebrities

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires, Spooky Stuff Pack, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Journey to Batuu, and Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in their own home and increase the fame level to at least B-Lister.
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification from a sim appears asking to catch up with the famous sim. The visiting sim immediately enters the household uninvited and starts talking to household sims. This happens even if the two sims are only acquaintances. Also, the disallow options on the doors don't keep the sim from walking into the house.
What do you expect to see? Random sims should stop walking into my sims' houses uninvited. Doors shouldn't have to be locked, sims shouldn't have to be disallowed, and lots shouldn't have to be set to private to prevent uninvited sims from walking into a house. Make the "catch up" interaction a phone call so sims have the option to say yes or reject it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is related to Get Famous as the action is triggered by increases in fame.

This issue started with Get Famous and I found posts on the Sims 4 forums of others that have been having this issue for a few years. I only just recently experienced it because I don't play often. Yesterday, my sim became a global superstar and I saw two notifications from people she knew. One was her best friend. Both notifications said "Hey what's up Princess Toni? I noticed your name has been all the buzz lately! How do you feel about catching up? I mean, we were always friends before you made it big, right?" Within moments, I found both sims already in the house. The best friend was sitting at the dining room table chatting with my household sim (Toni). The other sim that asked to catch up was found in another part of the house chatting with one of my other household sims that is also a global superstar.

I also checked to see if this happens without mods in the game using a different save file that I recently created for testing. I created two sims and increased their fame to various celebrity levels. Right after increasing one of my sim's fame levels to global superstar, Miko Ojo simultaneously walked into the house as soon as the "catch up" notification appeared. She is only an acquaintance of my sim. I also tested this with lower fame levels and the "catch up" interaction seems to start with the B-Lister fame level. I set the door to disallow everyone, but the sims still walked right into the house.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (3,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Celebrity Sim has unwanted NPC Sims in house

Hero

Uninvited Sims no longer walk into your Sims house to "catch up" after your Sim’s Fame increases

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

There are still several other causes for Sims entering homes. Check the compiled list or search the forum if there's already an open thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (3,208 Views)

All Replies

Re: Uninvited sims walking into house to "catch up" after sim increase

Hero
@joyofliving37 Is this still happening after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,176 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Yeah, it happened to me just 10 minutes ago. He was the NPC Ecoinnovator in my case.
Message 3 of 18 (3,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This issue I had, and I have the Get Famous pack too. My sim was a child and had barely gained a little bit of fame and a really random 5-Star Celebrity comes marching in like they own the place. I got rid of the glitch temporarily by just asking them to leave. I was using mods and custom content but that does not seem to be the case here. I have all of the expansion packs aside from Eco-Living and Snowy Escape, and then none of the others aside from Laundry Day. I thought nothing of it until the new update patch notes came out, and I saw there was a similar issue with the Get Together pack, with Invited NPCs now leaving eventually without being asked. I didn't get any notification about the Celebrity coming to visit (that I'm aware of) and they just walked in. Could this be the same issue?

Message 4 of 18 (3,155 Views)

Hero
@jmhtogether31 and you had this after installing yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (3,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me as well for the past week or two. Every day at least 5 random people walk into my house despite the doors being locked.

Message 6 of 18 (3,094 Views)

Hero
@WildBearryy Do you get this message as well ? Did you patch your game ?

There's lots of cause for this and this is a very specific issue for famous Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (3,088 Views)

★ Guide

Just had this happen after fame increase. Still had the option to send home, luckily.

Message 8 of 18 (3,013 Views)

Champion

Personally, I don't think this is a bug, it's an intentional visit situation. But I guess they could change it so that the sim needs to knock on the door first.

Message 9 of 18 (3,005 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion Sims used to knock, wait, then leave if not invited in. The lack of choice as to whether or not they can come in is the bug, whatever the trigger for the visit.
Message 10 of 18 (2,987 Views)