Re: Uninvited sims walking into house to "catch up" after sim increase

by simvasion

Original Post

Champion
@Kyr0e but random door knockers is not what this situation is - it's a particular fame event you get after reaching a certain level of fame, a person you know will drop by to catch up (whether it's for a genuine friend moment or someone capitalising on your new fame). It's someone you already know and not a stranger in this case.

They just happen to spawn in with already greeted status, meaning they don't need to knock on the door. I think that has to be intentional, because the default state for visitors isn't for that to happen. So they must have made it that way.

There are other incidences where the game takes away your choice for whether sims can invite themselves in - vampire attacks, goofball/erratic neighbours in apartments, keyholders dropping by for unexpected visits.

So that's why I don't think it's a bug. But I definitely understand the feedback – some people just don't like not having control over visitors and want to reject all callers. I wouldn't be opposed to them changing it so that the person arriving has to knock first, but I'm just giving my assessment that they probably would put this to the bottom of their fix waiting list if it's something they created that way from the start vs something that changed and broke after a patch.

I have a bug I reported with DJ custom mixes I posted in 2017 or 18 and it still isn't fixed because the game shipped that way, so whoever they get to test it probably looks at the launch version and says nothing changed, so they never fix it.
Message 11 of 18 (1,360 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I hate it but I think it's intended behavior.

(I hate it less because Uninvited Visitors, although that's annoying, and more for the "HI I AM A GREAT BIG USER AND WANT TO USE YOU NOW THAT YOU'RE SOMEONE" vibe.  Sometimes it's people we don't know well, and sometimes it's our grown children, or other people I headcanon as having a legitimately loving and non-user-ly relationship with the newly famous person.)

Message 12 of 18 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@simvasionWere this isolated to just this specific trigger, I'd be inclined to agree, however, sims have found multiple instances and scenarios to intrude into one's home without first knocking, or even being invited in. I lump them all together because something between the "Hi, I'd like to come in" and "I'm already here" is broken. It's like everyone now has a key to the home, and the only solution is an all-or-nothing lockout (which apparently doesn't work for some) for anyone not within the household.

If one thinks of this as isolated, then yes, it's a low-priority, but if one puts it with all of the other intrusions, well you've seen them try to fix it multiple times already.

Message 13 of 18 (1,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kyr0e  I don't think it's good to lump them together - there's specific bugs which cause uninvited guests to walk in, each with a different trigger, such as:

They each already have their own separate active bug threads and for this fame prompt, it's highly specific too. It's more likely to get a fix when treated in isolation, because once they know what the cause is and the trigger, they can address the issue.

Message 14 of 18 (1,331 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion To shorten this- I hope they either fix them all or find a catch-all solution, because the number of triggers for the uninvited visits is not getting shorter per patch.
Message 15 of 18 (1,319 Views)

Celebrity Sim has unwanted NPC Sims in house

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent, updated September 2021
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Courtyard, island living, luxury party, laundry, snowy escape, vintage glamour, knitting, jungle, magic, bowling, cats and dogs, my first pet, outdoor retreat, country kitchen, throwback fit, toddler, decorator, fitness, romantic garden, dine out, movie, university, gnome on the go, patio, spa day, kids room, industrial loft, parenthood, backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, animal hats, tiny living, city living, get famous, life of the party, get to work, up all night, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen, grims guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, it's possibly linked to becoming famous.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim became a one star celebrity. Random NPC Sims suddenly arrived on her doorstep. The lot is set to No Trespassing and the front door is usually locked but I'd unlocked it to let in her friend who asked to visit. It's not a celebrity home and they were not paparazzi. One sim barged up to her visiting friend and started berating her on the doorstep. Then he started terrifying her little rescue dog. My Sim spoke to him and I chose Goodbye, but he stayed there on her property overnight even after she'd been out for dinner and returned. He stayed there complaining and being generally enraged on her path. I chose Send Everyone Home but only her friend left. There was no Ask to Leave option. The second NPC Sim barged right into her home and started making drinks for herself. I couldn't introduce my Sim to her or interact with her except for Call Over which was greyed out. I could only get rid of her by going into manage households and deleting her. Then I added a gate and locked it. They were both strangers. It occurred just as she became a celebrity and her friend visited her.
What do you expect to see? NPC Sims should not barge in uninvited and it should definitely be possible to eject them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The only changes recently are installing Industrial loft kit and the September 2021 update with the Spa pack changes.

This is the second time I've created this Sim on the same snowy escape lot (my game was lost a few months ago due to error code 22) it didn't happen the last time I played this Sim. It used to happen with Get together but hasn't been an issue for a while. I've had NPC Sims hanging around at gates in the cottage living towns but this seems like a different issue.

It's annoying enough but they are pretty angry rude visitors and my Sim has her reputation to think of!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 16 of 18 (1,306 Views)

Re: Celebrity Sim has unwanted NPC Sims in house

Champion
@simsplayer818 Now playing a celebrity Sim on a Sulani Lot. Sims outside is one thing but had random Sims she doesn't know, walking through the house making selves at home, practicing speeches in bathroom, leaving trash piles, tidying pet toys up, reprimanding her dogs, wearing swimwear and heading for the pool and bar. No option to Send Home for most but after chatting to one it popped up but did not work. Choosing Goodbye did nothing either. Had to go outside the gate and call them over then lock the gate once they were out. I didn't want a fence around this lot but had to add one for intruders and it doesn't always work.
Lot is set to No Trespassing. It's all open plan so once they are in they are all over the house.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 17 of 18 (1,204 Views)

Re: Celebrity Sim has unwanted NPC Sims in house

Hero

Uninvited Sims no longer walk into your Sims house to "catch up" after your Sim’s Fame increases

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

There are still several other causes for Sims entering homes. Check the compiled list or search the forum if there's already an open thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (3,342 Views)