Unexplained audio tones

by TheSolidRequiem

Original Post

Unexplained audio tones

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is a frequently occurring bug which can be heard randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unexplained, possibly error, tones play - both during the game loading and during play
What do you expect to see? I would like to not hear unexplained tones, which have caused me to worry about problems with my console
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For this report, I am including two video files which show unexplained tones being played, both as the game loads, and during play.  These tones sound very similar to the tones heard when a sim gains a skill - but in both instances, there was nothing happening associated with skills.  The first times I heard these tones, I did not know if there was damage being done to my console.  I fully uninstalled the entire game, reset my console, and then reinstalled the game.  After hearing this tone, in excess of 10 times,  I cannot find a specific point or sim action which can cause it.  I also do not know if this is some type of error code.

Message 1 of 3 (239 Views)

Re: Unexplained audio tones

Hero (Retired)

@TheSolidRequiem While in game, can you try pressing the Menu button on your controller to bring up the Game Menu, scroll down to Game Options, then Select Sound, and in the sound menu is a check box called "Mood Stings." Try turning that off.

Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: Unexplained audio tones

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem Did the suggestions work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)