Unending Squad Arena Battle

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Moto G5 Plus
OS Version 8.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 413-765-196
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Battle never ends - I defeated the opponent in two minutes, screen cleared, my team is still standing there, and it never declared victory and let me move on.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country

As stated, I won the battle, but it never declared victory.  My team is still standing there.  The connection is fine.  It has been 10 minutes now, nothing has changed.  

Great, as I write this, it finally said it lost connection to the server.  It charged my energy for the extra battle, but did not move me up in rank as it should have.  So, thanks for stealing from me. 

Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unending Squad Arena Battle

I've never the delay last 10 minutes, but if your device is experiencing an internet connection issue, this is what happens. It waits and tries to connect, and eventually if it cannot, it will tell you that you lost connection (and you effectively lose the battle).

The game can't assume that you won, and it can't hold the positions of you and your opponent ad nauseum either - so at a certain point the game has to reconcile the positions, and this is the way that prevents players from exploiting broken connections for their personal gain. It can certainly be frustrating to win, but not get credit.

I second crzydroid - when I experience connection issues, I will toggle my connection on/off (airplane mode, wifi, etc).

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

When this happens, I turn the wireless off then back on, and hit "try again" if it appears, and that usually helps.

Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

I've never the delay last 10 minutes, but if your device is experiencing an internet connection issue, this is what happens. It waits and tries to connect, and eventually if it cannot, it will tell you that you lost connection (and you effectively lose the battle).

The game can't assume that you won, and it can't hold the positions of you and your opponent ad nauseum either - so at a certain point the game has to reconcile the positions, and this is the way that prevents players from exploiting broken connections for their personal gain. It can certainly be frustrating to win, but not get credit.

I second crzydroid - when I experience connection issues, I will toggle my connection on/off (airplane mode, wifi, etc).