Unearned Career Items in Household Inventory

by megis0n

Original Post

Unearned Career Items in Household Inventory

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have young adult sim start a career, then move them out of the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? All career items that would be unlocked by completing the careers of the young adult show up in the household inventory, even though the young adult sims did not go to work while living in the household.
What do you expect to see? Nothing new in my household inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't want unearned items to be in the household inventory.

Message 1 of 3 (500 Views)

Re: Unearned Career Items in Household Inventory

Hero
@megis0n Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (464 Views)

Re: Unearned Career Items in Household Inventory

★ Pro

@megis0n 

Did your young adult start their career at level one or level three?

I seem to remember that young adults that had an "A" in high school started new careers at level three. They got all the career rewards that would have been given up until then. Whether they go to work or not. The game figures having good grades "earns" a higher career placement.

Reward objects, build/buy and CAS outfits that unlock for careers stay with the original household. When a member of the household moves out they "lose" those items. The work around is to move everyone together and then move the original family members back. Annoying? Yes. 

There's no cheat for CAS outfits, but build/buy objects can be unlocked with this cheat:

Press: contro+shift+c

Type: bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

If I don't like my Sims "earning" something, because it clashes with my story line, I sell those items and then remove the value using the money cheat.

If none of this is relevant, please disregard. Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (450 Views)