Eco Workshop stuck on Thursday rewards, but I can’t get the ones I need

by AmySupFan

Original Post

Re: [Under investigation] - Eco workshop stuck on a day of the week

★★★ Newbie

Me too. My eco workshop has been stuck on Thursday for a week. I’ve tried all the solutions in this thread and one other that covered the same topic.

What’s interesting is that someone in the other thread said they couldn’t play with/interact with one of their Sims — the sim was perpetually “busy” despite not being in any events. The player also had the eco workshop bug start around the same time and thought the two bugs were connected. I’m also dealing with a SIM I made passive who my other Sims can no longer interact with and who cannot be made playable because the game says they’re “busy”. I’ve tried moving them to another house, and despite the game saying they’ve moved, they’re still on the property they’ve “busy” on.  Are the two bugs connected?

Whether the bugs are connected to now, I’m primarily interesting in finding a way to resolve this eco workshop issue, as it’s interfering with my ability to finish projects I’ve committed a lot of time to with no reward. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting in both related threads to no avail.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the eco workshop schedule taken today, Monday. It shows it’s still stuck on Thursday. “Hmm… what day is it again?” indeed. Please advise EA.

Message 30 of 162 (2,128 Views)

Eco Workshop Schedule Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12 Pro
OS Version 15.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The eco workshop schedule
What do you expect to see? The eco workshop schedule is stuck on a different day than it actually is.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I have also tried to restart my phone and close out the game but it has not helped. My gamer ID is also attached.

Message 31 of 162 (2,104 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop Schedule Bug

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve been having this problem too. Today I noticed sims I’ve had active were essentially ghosts after making them passive. Thinking this could be linked to my workshop problem - the day it was stuck on was the day I last switched sims - I decided to take drastic measures and removed the affected sims. Amazingly this set my workshop back to the correct schedule. An awful way to fix a problem, but fixed it now is. I can only assume there are some serious bugs in the game at the moment. I also keep getting sims finishing events in the middle of their current events and when I reboot the game while they’re idle they often come back up with a finished event they’d already completed.

I know this is a terrible way of solving the problem, I know I’m very sad to see some of my favourite sims turn into ghosts and then having to remove them, but maybe it can work for others with the same issue.

Best of luck! Hopefully the devs will release a proper fix soon to prevent more players having to do this to their beloved sims 

Message 32 of 162 (2,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem too for the last 2 weeks. Mine is stuck on Thursday.  

Message 33 of 162 (2,066 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop Schedule Bug

★★★★ Novice

Having exact same issue. Workshop stuck on Thursday and my sim who I made passive (and I suspect she was the last one to do a workshop shift) is now showing as busy and I can’t make her active again….. might try your way of solving the issue as she was an NPC I moved in and not one of my beloved forever sims - luckily! 

Message 34 of 162 (1,987 Views)

Eco Workshop Schedule isn’t updating

★★★★ Novice

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12 Pro
OS Version 15.1.1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know how to recreate this bug
What do you expect to see? I expect the day of the week for the Eco Workshop to change to the correct day.
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States

My Eco Workshop is stuck on Monday and has been all week. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I’ve brought all my Sims to the Workshop and closed and restarted the game. All of my retired sims have been removed from the game. I’ve let all my sims sit idle overnight to see if that worked too. 

I am going to have to spend 50 SimCash in order to  finish my weekly project since I cannot craft tape.  

Message 35 of 162 (1,942 Views)
Highlighted

Eco Workshop stuck on Thursday rewards, but I can’t get the ones I need

★ Guide

Eco workshop stuck on ThursI can’t get my project items like thread because I’ve been stuck on Thurs. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Any suggestions?

Message 36 of 162 (1,932 Views)

Eco workshop stuck on Tuesday, can’t upgrade anything

★★ Novice

My eco workshop schedule has been stuck on Tuesday for the past two weeks. I also can’t upgrade anything because the button is darkened and says ‘workshop shift in progress’ when I try to click it. I tried things like getting rid of retired sims, updating my phone, deleting and re-installing app several times, restarting my phone, calling all sims to parkside to do a simple task like tend a plant. I’ve been stuck in a cycle of emails and gotten a different person each time, probably seven at this point and they all say the same thing of giving the link for troubleshooting and telling me to clear the cache, update, etc as if they’re not even reading  what I say. 

Message 37 of 162 (1,942 Views)

Eco workshop stuck on Tuesday, can’t upgrade

★★ Novice

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11 Pro
OS Version 15.2
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eco workshop
What do you expect to see? For the schedule to change each day, be able to upgrade my workshop with tokens I’ve earned
Connection Type Mobile
Country United States

My eco workshop schedule has been stuck on Tuesday for about three weeks now. I can do the shifts but only get nuts and bolts rewards so I haven’t been able to earn any items. I also can’t upgrade anything as it says workshop shift in progress when I try to select the darkened button. I’ve reached out to customer support at least ten times and got a different person responding each time with the same copy and paste response, at one time they weren’t even replying about the correct issue. They said to contact by phone or live chat but could not give me a straight answer on how to do that. I tried clearing my cache, updating and restarting my phone, the app is up to date, got rid of retired sims, called all sims to parkside and had them tend a plant. Nothing has worked. 

Message 38 of 162 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine is stuck on Saturday so I can only get thread. I found the attached fix on Facebook, but it didn’t work for me. Maybe it will for someone on a different device. I wish it would have gotten stuck on Sunday so I could get all the materials! 

Message 39 of 162 (1,900 Views)