Re: Unable to unlock Third Sim + Can't host a party

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Unable to unlock Third Sim + Can't host a party

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6
OS Version iOS 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004866716704
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you try to unlock the third sim you will see that it looks a bit grayed out, and clicking on it does nothing at all, even though I have enough SimCash to do it. As for hosting the party, You will see it when you click "Host Weekly Party".
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to unlock a third sim and host a party.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Bahrain
Additional feedback Please note that my apple ID is registered on the US Apple Store, I don't know if that changes anything for you

Hi.

I'm at level 24 and I have 2 sims. I haven’t been able to host a party yet. I read somewhere that in order to unlock parties I would need to throw a birthday party or do a party tutorial or something like that, and as I understand it this usually happens after choosing a new trait. Both of my sims have four traits already. I never had the option to do a party tutorial or anything like that. I only heard of this when I started searching online trying to figure out what the problem is. When I click "Host Weekly Party" all the options are grayed out, the Birthday Party says "*sim's name* hasn't chosen a new trait this week" and the other themes say "Must host a Birthday Party first".

I tried unlocking a third sim, but when I click on the "unlock $175" nothing happens. I have 298 in SimCash, I should be able to do it, but when I click it nothing happens at all. It looks a bit grayed out (I'll include a screenshot). I thought maybe a third sim will be able to host a party, but I can't even seem to figure out how to unlock it. Is it because I haven't finished the roommate race yet?

How do I fix this? What am I doing wrong?

Please help! Frown

Message 1 of 8 (1,343 Views)

What age did you pick when you started the game?

Can you start a party when your Sim just got a new trait?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (1,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What do you mean what age did I pick? My age? If the game asked me to enter my age, I definitely entered the right one which is 33.

As for the traits, as I mentioned in my post, both of my sims already have four traits. I stupidly kept playing and progressing in the game, thinking that the game will tell me when I’ve reached the level where I’m allowed to start hosting parties. I had no idea this was supposed to happen when you choose a new trait for your sim. I only read about it when I started searching online trying to figure out why I can’t host parties yet. I thought I’d try with the third sim, but I can’t unlock it even though I have enough SimCash. I don’t know why this is happening. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, you had to pick an age when you first started the game. Do you have access to the cloud options like connecting to Facebook, Twitter and such?

And can you access other peoples parties? 

Could you contact EA in the meantime? Just to have them look into your case from the back end. Mostly for that 3rd Sim. 

You can do so through The Sims Mobile app. First things first, write down your Player ID or take a screenshot of it.

- Open side menu

- Click the gear icon

- Click the 'Help & About' tab

- Click 'Help'

Your browser opens

- Scroll down and click on 'Contact Us' 

Open the spoiler for picture how to get to the 'Contact Us' button:

Spoiler
collage.jpg

The EA game advisor might ask you to perform a couple of troubleshooting steps you can find over here for Apple or Android. You can try those before contacting them, or while you're waiting on a reply.

If you're asked to clear data or reinstall the app, make sure your app is being back-upped to the App store or EA account.
The backup options might have turned off during a previous update. Your app will reset, but after creating a Sim you should get the popup to restore from the cloud. 

An image in the spoiler on where to find the backup options:

Spoiler
backup.jpg

If you choose the 'Report Bug' option you might not receive a reply from EA. 

If you can't access the app for some reason. You can also contact EA outside of it.  

You can contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

You can also contact an EA game advisor through social media:

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help! I just contacted them through the game like you advised. It's a bit frustrating if I'm being honest. Why have us report bugs on here if no one is going to help? I thought this was an official forum for the game?!

Message 5 of 8 (1,272 Views)

@Maryam_NH it's a bit hard to tell if this is a bug in your game or something else. That's why I'm asking you to contact EA for now.
EA can actually look into what is happening with your game. And they would be in the case, at this point in time, more helpful than I would be. 
If they can't resolve the issue for you, we can look into it further, add the bug to the list if needed. 

Fixing a bug is impossible for us on the forums. We might find or hear of a workaround but bugs need to be fixed by the Sims team. It's usually something in the coding of the game that needs some tweaking. You might see some of their team members actually responding if they need a little more information on the issue.

And yes, this is an official EA forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 8 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem with unlocking the 3rd sim. As you can see, I have about 8,600 simcash, but I cannot unlock the 3rd sim that only require 175. 

Please help, EA, I spent $100 for nothing.

Message 7 of 8 (911 Views)

Hero
@ainingHsu Is the Roommate race quest active on your Quests tab?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 8 of 8 (881 Views)