Re: Unable to start mission "Return to the Heart of Rage".

by Valhalla-strider

Original Post

★ Novice

I kept trying to load the Return to the Heart of Rage mission and even after getting that mission's cut scenes, was actually loaded into a different agent/contract mission! I was unable to progress the Return to the Heart of Rage mission, until I figured out the below solution.

For those experiencing this on xbox one, this is how I got past this show-stopping bug:

1) Go to near your Javelin in Fort Tarsis and talk to Haluk/Faye to kick off the Return to the Heart of Rage cut scenes.

2) Let the cut scenes play out (if I tried to skip them, the entire game crashed and threw me back to the xbox dashboard)

3) I was incorrectly loaded into a different mission; NOT the Return to the Heart of Rage mission

4) I quit from this mission by going into start menu and holding down X

5) After rewards and xp are totalled up, select 'choose another mission' ***Do NOT choose to return to fort Tarsis, or you'll just be stuck in this loop and have to sit through the cut scenes again!***

6) I was then taken to the map, where I could go all the way to the VERY top left (as described in previous posts on this thread) to manually select and then play the Return to the Heart of Rage final story mission.

7) After playing this mission, everything returned to normal and I could select missions the normal way before departing Fort Tarsis.

Hope that helps for anyone who was unable to progress their game.

B

Message 21 of 30 (2,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having similar issues on PS4, except that it will not let me pick any missions and says "waiting for players". I cannot even complete the game atm Frown

Message 22 of 30 (2,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update, the company, studio, and devs are still rock solid, they have just fixed the PS4 issue in very short time of my original post.

Message 23 of 30 (2,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it auto locks to a stronghold and doesn't let me do anything else than the stronghold

Message 24 of 30 (2,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can’t even use the maps
Message 25 of 30 (1,818 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@jkrzemi300823 You’re responding to a thread that is getting close to a year old.

Have you spoken to Haluk and Faye next to your javelin in Ft. Tarsis?
Message 26 of 30 (1,792 Views)

@jkrzemi300823   you should follow the steps given by Bisonator....

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 27 of 30 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine on xbox kept replaying the last mission I did over and over and I couldn't browse the map to change it.  The one time I skipped the cut scenes it loaded the map centered on the Return to the Heart of Rage mission 

Message 28 of 30 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me its stuck in tyrant mine please fix this. The first 2 cutscenes work just like u

Message 29 of 30 (1,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so to fix this track another mission and the untrack it. Then again track the heart of rage

Message 30 of 30 (1,017 Views)