Re: Unable to start mission "Return to the Heart of Rage".

by Iwatooshi_Ronan

Original Post

Unable to start mission "Return to the Heart of Rage".

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug I try to start the "Return to the Heart of Rage" mission, I go and talk to Haluk and Faye who are standing in front of my Javeline. The first 2 cutscenes works, then after the strider cutscene when you then have to choose your mission etc, it automatically just chooses Freeplay, and the mission is nowhere to find on the map etc. I cannot select the mission to start it. If I go back to Fort Tarsis, Haluk and Faye are still standing in front of the Javeline and I can talk to them again which just restarts the cutscenes. After around 4 tries, the mission finally showed up on the map.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to Haluk and Faye for the "Return to the Heart of Rage"
What happens when the bug occurs? Mission won't show up on the expedition map and automatically picks Freeplay instead.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to pick the mission on the expedition map and start the matchmaking.

I am unable to continue the main story because of this. I also have to talk to Haluk and Faye every single time I want to go on an expedition as I cannot click on my Javeline because they are in the way.

Message 1 of 30 (30,976 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Upper left of the map. Like almost off the screen upper left.

Took me way too damn long to find the quest marker and it doesnt auto select for some reason.
Message 2 of 30 (30,900 Views)

★ Apprentice
I checked every time because I had a different mission right next to where it is, but the marker was never there, until one time it suddenly showed up.
Message 3 of 30 (30,832 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah the waypoints need some love.  Glad you got it finally.

Message 4 of 30 (30,814 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Definitely off screen upper left
Message 5 of 30 (30,266 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you very much Kitsunekinder. This was drying me INSANE!
Message 6 of 30 (30,039 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After the first big fight if you get stuck and can't move through the blocked area it means one of the npcs spawned on the other side of the barrier. Guns, blasts etc can't get through-aoe can but only if you detonate in front of the barrier. I'd suggest bringing along at least one person with a collosus and a flamethrower or the lightning ability that hits people near you. I used a flamethrower and was able to roast a guy on the other side of the barrier which dropped it. I'd tried 2 other times and the barrier just stayed up and I couldn't see any npcs on the other side of it. I think you just gotta get lucky if it happens. 

Message 7 of 30 (27,819 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks
Message 8 of 30 (27,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

bless you sir... Can't believe I didn't see it.

Message 9 of 30 (26,752 Views)

★ Guide

For me, it keeps bugging and sending me back to the open area where you kill the titan. As soon as I leave that spot, I get a message that I'm out of the mission area and get teleported back. I can't disable the flight suppressor, because it's constantly throwing me back to an area that's already been cleared.

Message 10 of 30 (23,706 Views)