by hanagillies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Workaround] - Unable to start Sweet Treat event

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 13.1.2
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t how how it happened
What do you expect to see? I want the bug to be fixed so I can play the event again and win the main prizes. I also don’t want to lose any progress
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Malaysia

I’m having problem with the current Halloween event. Somehow I can’t start sweet treat eventho it says I have 2 attempts left. When I clicked on it nothing happened. It’s the same even when I go to the park side. I tried to insert a video but it won’t let me. 

I haven’t been playing for a few hours because I went to sleep so I’m not really sure what I did to trigger this bug. I’ve tried using different sims, restarting the game, reinstalling and even playing on another device but the bug is still there, I can’t start sweet treat at all.

Please look into this. I’ve contacted EA Help but they haven’t replied. I’ve been trying my best for this event and had unlocked 28 boxes so far and I really don’t want to lose time or progress. I hope to play as soon as I can so I will have a chance to get the main prize hairstyle 🙏🏻

Message 1 of 6 (2,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to start Sweet Treat event

★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruMaaike Yes! It's already solved.

Yesterday I logged in and found my sim who were doing a home sweet home event having the sweet treat chances on him so it was probably glitched. He was doing the sweet treat previously, I had won it and received rewards then sent him to do another event but the game didn’t save my sweet treat progress. That’s why my other sims couldn’t start the sweet treat because the game thought it’s still ongoing.

So to fix it I just forfeited the challenge and then use another sim to start the sweet treat.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (2,054 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@hanagillies Hi! Have you tried with just one of your Sims or with all of them? If you only have tried with one, then you should try to put a different Sim to do the challenge. You can upload a video to YouTube, Twitter, etc. and post the link here. It would be very helpful to see what happens in your game :-)

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 6 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SalixCat thank you for your reply. I believed you saw my video about the bug on Twitter. I’ve tried using all of my sims but none of them can start sweet treat. I’ve also tried reinstalling and using other devices but so far nothing works.

Message 3 of 6 (2,118 Views)

Hero

Here's a link to @hanagillies Tweet with the video that illustrates this issue:

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 6 (2,091 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@hanagillies I spoke with my coworker from EAHelp, I believe this is no longer happening in your game now? Standard smile 

Message 5 of 6 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruMaaike Yes! It's already solved.

Yesterday I logged in and found my sim who were doing a home sweet home event having the sweet treat chances on him so it was probably glitched. He was doing the sweet treat previously, I had won it and received rewards then sent him to do another event but the game didn’t save my sweet treat progress. That’s why my other sims couldn’t start the sweet treat because the game thought it’s still ongoing.

So to fix it I just forfeited the challenge and then use another sim to start the sweet treat.
Message 6 of 6 (2,055 Views)