[FIXED] Unable to queue Babble interaction for toddlers on giant stuffed animals

by espeon9466

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unable to queue Babble interaction for toddlers on giant stuffed animals

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase any giant stuffed animal (eg. Blarffy, Ruffy Schnugglekins, etc) and try to have a toddler queue Babble interactions on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers seem unable to Babble to giant stuffed animals more than once per in-game day. Purchase any giant stuffed animal (eg. Blarffy, Ruffy Schnugglekins, etc) and have a toddler queue Babble interactions on it. After completing one or two of the Babble interactions, all other interactions in queue will be automatically cancelled. If you click the stuffed animal again, the only option is "What's This?" There appears to be a cooldown on the interaction until the next in-game day.
What do you expect to see? My toddler should be able to Babble to Blarffy and other giant stuffies as many times as he wants to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Infant update patch

I am unsure if this is a bug or a new feature, but it seems awfully odd for them to make such a change with a cooldown that long on the Babble to stuffed animal interaction for toddlers. 

I did try to sell the stuffie and buy a new one but it didn't work. Also tried with both base game and non-base game stuffies. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (5,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to queue Babble interaction for toddlers on giant stuffed animals

Hero

Toddlers can use the Babble interaction on large stuffed animal toys like Blarffy as much as they like and won’t need to wait hours between babbling

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,009 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@espeon9466 Did you get a lastException with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (5,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict No, I don't think so. I just checked the Sims 4 folder and didn't see one.

Message 3 of 18 (5,088 Views)

Hero
@espeon9466 OK. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (5,087 Views)

Toddlers No Longer Able To Babble Multiple Time Using Blarfy Since Infant Update

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current EPs, GPs and SPs apart from: Luxury Party Stuff. Vintage Glamour Stuff. All kits installed apart from: Simtimates Collection, Moonlight Chic, Carnaval Streetwear, Modern Menswear. Icheon Arrivals, Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a YA and Toddler in CAS, and move this household to any lot. 1. Purchase a blarfy from the buy menu 2. Return to live mode 3. Make the toddler choose the "babble" option on blarfy 4. Observe that the toddler is able to babble and unlock the communication skill level 1 5. Observe once this action has been completed that the toddler is no longer able to choose the "babble" option 6. While the blarfy no longer has the babble option, observe that the toddler is still able to babble to self or the YA in the house 7. After ~4 in-game hours have passed since the initial babble observe that the "babble" option has returned to blarfy 8. Observe once that once the babble from step 7 has concluded, steps 5-7 repeat themselves
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler is unable to perform more than 1 babble action while using the blarfy stuffed teddy (or any of the DLC variants). The babble/talk option only reappears after ~4 in-game hours.
What do you expect to see? The toddler should be able to continually babble/talk to the blarfy, even if the actions have been stacked. The babble/talk option should not disappear and then reappear ~4 in-game hours later.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the infant update - PC: 1.96.365.1030

I noticed this bug occur in a brand new save as well as an existing save from before the 1.96.365.1030 update. 

It seems as though there is a "cool down" on the action that was never there before. 
I initially assumed it was because I was using a DLC blarfy (the cat from Cats and Dogs) but then when using the base game Blarfy, the same issue occurred. 

Once the toddler manages to reach level 2 of the communication skill, the only options available are "hug", "hit" and "what's that?"/ The "hug" action is able to be stacked. 

Message 5 of 18 (5,098 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@espeon9466 can duplicate this, no last execption
Message 6 of 18 (4,917 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unable to queue Babble interaction for toddlers on giant stuffed anim

[ Edited ]
Champion

Happening for me too; a roughly 4 hour cool-down on both "babble" and "talk" for toddlers but not on "hit" "hug" or "what's this"

Edit: once they become a child, the various talk interactions are fine and don’t go away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 18 (4,850 Views)

Sims 4 infant update toddlers won't talk to big teddy's

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.71
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toddler won't talk to teddy
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler won't talk to big teddy
What do you expect to see? My toddler to talk to the teddy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The infants

My toddler won't talk/babble to the big teddy and I need him too pls help

Message 8 of 18 (4,728 Views)

Re: Sims 4 infant update toddlers won't talk to big teddy's

★★★★★ Expert

I have this one too, I don't own GRO so it's the patch 1.96 who did this.

Message 9 of 18 (4,516 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unable to queue Babble interaction for toddlers on giant stuffed anim

★★ Novice

I have this exact issue. Must be the new patch. Sucks because thats how I give my toddlers the communication skill.

Message 10 of 18 (4,395 Views)