Unable to ping loot from a deathbox (ps4)

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Unable to ping loot from a deathbox (ps4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lazarus_Lazergun
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Cannot fill (random team)
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore, Pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. At respawn station between Bridges and Repulsor (the one at high altitude with three supply bins)
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to ping loot contained in a deathbox
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3rd match of the session
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05-06-2019. 6:45 pm/18:45 (GMT +1 Paris/Amsterdam)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to ping relevant loot from deathbox, was unable to ping medkits for injured squadmate Only occurs for loot in a deathbox, pinging loot on the ground, or from supply bins still works as intended. Possible relevant information is that I configured a custom button layout earlier on the day, however, had switched back to the "default" preset in the game i experienced the bug.
What should be happening instead? My character should ping loot from a deathbox.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt pinging loot from a deathbox, possibly after configuring a custom button layout, and switching between custom, and preset layouts both in and outside of a game's settings menu. I have switched the default ping keybind (R1) with the interact/open door/reload keybind (square in default layout) Try using a different function for R1 in the custom layout, instead of ping, perhaps the game is confused over which layout is used inside of the deathbox menu, as opposed to outside of the deathbox menu.

So I tried pinging medkits and syringes for my injured squad mate after winning a teamfight, he ran ahead thinking there wasn't any recovery items.

I had to drop significant quantities of ammo to carry extra recovery items to catch up to my squad mate, and drop them and ping them once they were on the ground and I could successfully ping them.

Message 1 of 2 (489 Views)

Re: Unable to ping loot from a deathbox (ps4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Update!

I am now able to confirm that the issue that occurs, is that the game switches to my custom button layout whenever I am in the deathbox menu, where you can use the cursor.

In my custom layout, my keybind for pinging is L1 instead of R1, when using the default layout, the game switches to custom in the cursor menu, so I can ping loot from a deathbox using L1 in accordance with my custom button layout.

This ONLY occurs in the deathbox menu, when I have my inventory screen up, the game will stick to the default preset.

Update #2

The issue also applies to the health wheel.

While the wheel is up, my game also switches to custom button layout, so I have to ping shields or medkits with L1 instead of R1.

Update #3

After restoring the custom layout to default configuration the issue is solved, but for the time being, I cannot use a custom layout. Hope it gets figured out soon Standard smile 

Message 2 of 2 (471 Views)