Unable to move into University Housing

by ferroboy

Original Post

Unable to move into University Housing

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 6.0 Base, 6.0.1 Packages
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? My Wedding Stories, Dream Decor Home Decorator, City Living, Cottage Living, Paranormal Stuff, Snowy Escape, Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, My First Pet, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Bowling Night, Get Together, Fitness Stuff, Get to Work, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Moschino Stuff Pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll a sim in Discover University. When moving into a household, it causes the sim to complete a portion of an aspiration. A popup appears right over the button you need to confirm moving into the new household - Wyvern Hall in this case. There's no way to get out of this other than to use ctrl-alt-del to force close the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is stuck and it is impossible to do anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect me sim to be able to successfully move into student housing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Though very rare this has happened before, probably only once or twice. In all instances it was related to moving into university housing.

Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

Re: Unable to move into University Housing

Hero
@ferroboy Did always the same aspiration task complete or is that random ? Did you complete it or did it wrong complete ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (342 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's related to enrolling. One of the aspirations has an actual part that is to enroll in a university. Once I do the problem occurs.
Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)

Hero
@ferroboy Oh, so the pop-up is blocking you from accepting the moving ?

Do you have issues with other pop-ups getting stuck or just this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)