Re: Unable to look around in Hangar!

by mco489

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Only just bought the game and having a very hard time playing it because of this, especially by the third story mission. I did manage to get into a mission before this kicked in by skipping dialogue, but after a minute of dogfighting the controls cut out and I was stuck flying in a straight line until hitting the level boundary and being auto-killed. After that the rest of the level played fine. Then the bug happened again in the next briefing.

Message 31 of 75 (419 Views)

★★ Novice

Got this on PC as well, bought game yesterday so started with Update 2 - very annoying! 

Here's a video, EA! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKkNxN6GEhQ&lc=UgzIPWmooqJ7m3oWAih4AaABAg

Message 32 of 75 (498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the problem on xbox one. After the briefing for mission one. I speak to Frisk and then can't move in the hangar. 

Message 33 of 75 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Scardnath This sounds exactly like what I experienced.

When I tried using the mouse instead of the controller, my cursor also appeared on-screen and prevented me from looking around.
Message 34 of 75 (471 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just to give a bit more detail.  Since 2.0, looking around the hangar (and the game in general) often exibits stutters and pauses....didn't get any issues prior to 2.0.....the stuttering for me sometimes get really bad during the 'talking to characters' bits in the hangar, giving long pauses between speech segments.....then I lose control, although still get a mouse pointer etc..

I had no graphical issues in game or in the hangar prior to v2.0

Win 10. NVidia 1650, 16GB Ram

Message 35 of 75 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here.

Im playing on PC with Steam.

It freezes every now and then, sometimes in hangar or briefingroom after a conversation ends

or even somtimes in a mission, after a cutscene.

When it happens in a mission, the only key which is still working, is the tabulator key (display loadout) all other controls are dead.

The mission it self continues, until the AI kill my "unmanned ship"...

Message 36 of 75 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also happening to me...seems to happen after some period of time lingering in the hangar (including spending time in conversations or viewing mission briefings or starfighter loadouts). Once the glitch occurs, I can only move the mouse cursor (arrow) on the game screen. No keyboard buttons work, and unable to get to the options screen (escape key doesn't work). Only way to fix is to kill game process and restart.

Platform: PC (Steam)

Pertinent Specs: i9-9900k, GeForce RTX 2080, 1440p borderless window mode

Workaround: none really, other than restarting game and skipping through conversations or trying to race out of the hangar part of the game

Message 37 of 75 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Can it be rolled back? I wish. Don't know about you, but I'm on PS4, and all you can do is hit Option to look at "update history" on the game from the home screen. But instead of an actual history, it just shows what version you've currently got installed. And "search for updates" isn't yielding anything; EA needs to patch their damn patch. I'm guessing other consoles are the same, and you'd need to be on PC to actually roll back anything. 

I'd barely played the game a day or two, just have to wait for an update before attempting to continue the story. In the meantime, there's the training mode and maybe Fleet Battles, but I'm a total n00b to the game and would get smoked in the non-AI ones at this point.

In other words, welcome to the future! Same kind of crap happened when I recently tried to play Bloodstained: they came out with a big update that caused the game to crash at the main save point/hub world and certain menus, don't know if that ever got resolved. Not EA in that case, but that's just how gaming is now.

Message 38 of 75 (357 Views)

★ Novice
@ethanw277 yeah me too and its really annoying , damn cursor appearing
Message 39 of 75 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happened to me just now in the campaign after the briefing for mission 12; playing on an Xbox One X. 

Message 40 of 75 (445 Views)