Unable to load Download Community Files

by trumoodoo

Original Post

Re: Unable to load Download Community Files

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry It is working for me today so far, 5 for 5 on opening and downloading! Thanks to you and the dev team! Cheers.
Message 21 of 897 (4,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gamertag: htmlord

Platform: PC

File Type: Community file (draft for franchise mode)

File Author: Unknown (have not been able to connect to community files)

Able to download other files? No. All other online options are working and available

Error message: "The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information." 

Last attempt: 12/15/2021 4:22 pm Est

Message 22 of 897 (4,808 Views)

Community Manager

@htmlord 

If you perform a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin/Madden NFL 22 as administrator are you able to download? I've received this error before but after backing in and out of a view times in Madden Share or continually pressing the button to advance into the Community Files section it eventually worked.

A clean boot will shut down all unnecessary Microsoft startup programs, so this helps determine if it's a program running in the background conflicting with the ability to connect to the servers.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 897 (4,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem has persisted through multiple reboots, restarts of Madden and restarts of EA desktop.  Running the EA desktop application as Administrator solved the problem!  Thank you!

Message 24 of 897 (4,790 Views)

Community Manager

@htmlord wrote:

The problem has persisted through multiple reboots, restarts of Madden and restarts of EA desktop.  Running the EA desktop application as Administrator solved the problem!  Thank you!

Awesome! Thanks for confirming for us here so others can give it a go if they come across this. 

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 897 (4,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gamertag: JP3te#4099

Platform: Xbox Series X

File Type: Community file (draft for franchise mode)

File Author: Unknown (have not been able to connect to community files)

Able to download other files? No. All other online options are working and available

Error message: "The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information." 

Last attempt: 12/17/2021 11:09 pm Est

i have been unable to access these files for at least a month. Game is updated have rebooted multiple times. Can download the live rosters and access games online. This is flat out unacceptable. A long term franchise without these files is rendered useless. I would appreciate a fix for this. 

Message 26 of 897 (4,748 Views)

★★ Novice

Xbox One still can't access the File Sharing at all. Still says Connection lost yet I'm able to play other online game modes in Madden 22

Got the game yesterday and tried it 4 times today and it's the same.

Message 27 of 897 (4,713 Views)

Community Manager

@JerryPete94  @Real50cent 

Are you both able to access the files after clearing the saved game data? Doing so may result in deleted offline franchise data.

Clear the saved game data:

1. Open the Settings menu at the top of the dashboard.
  2. Select Storage, then select System Storage.
  3. Select Saved Data.
  4. Choose a game to access the game's saved data.
  5. Press the Options button and select Delete.
Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 897 (4,676 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay after that fix it let me in every few tries but when I download a file it will error or alot of players have no names

Message 29 of 897 (4,670 Views)

Community Manager

@Real50cent 

Do you have anything plugged into your console at all? 

Do you use an external hard drive for your console?

Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 897 (4,664 Views)