Re: Unable to load Download Community Files

by parazoac

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry My GamerTag is LuffyLen, I play on a PS4 I can’t get into the community files on Madden. It says unable to connect to server
Message 271 of 897 (1,890 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry if there is just zero update you're going to lose customers.

It's unfortunately too late for me but there are guides out there for how to get a refund and whether you might be eligible or not.  If they can't or choose not to fix it I'm hosed.  I've already owned the game for too long and it will be very unlikely that I can get a refund but you all might still have a chance.  A bunch of people wanting to play franchise mode asking for refunds might get their attention.  For me personally this is the only mode I play and not having a realistic draft roster just makes this a complete non-starter for me.  Worst case scenario if they ever fix this you can just buy it again or save yourself $60 and try again next season.  This is a pretty solid link for who is likely eligible and how to go about getting a refund.  Hopefully the link posts.  I'm not sure if EA will allow it.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you.  I tried their suggestion of deleting files and now I've lost everything.  Just brutal.

https://realsport101.com/madden/madden-22-how-to-get-a-refund-on-each-platform-playstation-xbox-stea...

Message 272 of 897 (1,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

- PSN ID: ExileBaldrick
- Platform: PS4
- File type & author: Can't get on to Community Share to choose a file. On old Madden's, I choose Draft classes from the gamer Bengal. 
- Able to download other files? Yes, official EA roster updates, etc. Nothing from the community files section because I cannot access it. Downloading content from other games works fine.
- Error: The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information.
- Last time I attempted to access community files: Yesterday at 6pm (UK time)
- Last time I was successfully able to open community files area: Not sure. Probably would have been for Madden 21.

Message 273 of 897 (2,408 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@KersheySeven wrote:

@EA_Blueberry 

This is not the type of customer service I would expect from a multimillion-dollar company. You're blatantly ignoring paying customers, that thought they bought a game as a finished product. We've spent our own personal time trying to fix YOUR game. I know myself I've scoured Youtube videos, alternative websites, and tried the steps you've given (which had me delete the few files I had saved). The least this company can do is respond and keep us updated. As I said in this thread before, please give me the steps I need to take for a refund. I've NEVER been able to access vital files since I bought the game 3 weeks ago. 

Knowing EA he probably got this job off a cereal box. At least that’s how he’s performing at this “job”.

Message 274 of 897 (2,385 Views)

Community Manager

@parazoac wrote:

@KersheySeven wrote:

@EA_Blueberry 

This is not the type of customer service I would expect from a multimillion-dollar company. You're blatantly ignoring paying customers, that thought they bought a game as a finished product. We've spent our own personal time trying to fix YOUR game. I know myself I've scoured Youtube videos, alternative websites, and tried the steps you've given (which had me delete the few files I had saved). The least this company can do is respond and keep us updated. As I said in this thread before, please give me the steps I need to take for a refund. I've NEVER been able to access vital files since I bought the game 3 weeks ago. 

Knowing EA he probably got this job off a cereal box. At least that’s how he’s performing at this “job”.

First, thank you all for submitting examples of the information we requested in this thread. I help manage the forums for UFC, NBA LIVE, NHL, including Madden, and the amount of replies here to keep the discussion on topic is very much appreciated. It can sometimes be difficult to gather info the development team requests due to how frustrating a certain issue can be. I know as a Madden player this aspect of the game is super important for Franchises. 

@parazoac @KersheySeven 

I've been out of the office/not online since New Years Eve until today (you'll see a gap in my responses via my profile). This file download issue unfortunately has popped up each year at a random time where the team had to push in a fix. Earlier in this thread a team pushed out a server side fix which addressed it based off the data and volume we were seeing across all channels. I asked the community to confirm it was addressed and after a couple responses it looked good to go (a lot of times when something is fixed players don't come back because all is well, so lack of responses is somewhat of an indicator it's working). 

I had 1 player reporting trouble with it shortly afterwards where I attempted to troubleshoot this because in some cases it could be a local network or firewall issue (PC players will have this for roster downloads too), however then on the 21st is when we really started to see a flood of reports come in players were not able to use Madden Share. This was raised up to the team and they are aware of it. We have this issue tracked and I am awaiting updates on when it will be scheduled for a fix. The timing of this is unfortunate as many EA employees, including the Madden studio are out of the office during a holiday break to spend time with families to recharge for the next year. I do not have any immediate updates to share on the status of this at the moment, but when I do get a notification I will post it here. I do apologize for any confusion and lack of response around this issue due to my absence, but I'm here now ready to flag down issues across the sports titles I help oversea to the development team.

To summarize here:

• The Madden team is aware of this and investigating
  • This has been an issue in the past. Some players are able to get into the Madden Share section by repeatedly trying but it may not be 100% reliable
  • Some players are able to get in after deleting the saved game data (offline progress will be lost)
  • Some players have been able to access the section via a mobile hot spot or via alternate connection (WiFi/wired)
  • We will update this thread when we receive new information around this issue's status. Thank you for your patience.
Blueberry.png
Message 275 of 897 (2,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gamertag: DannyM517

Platform: PS4

File Type & Author: I am unable to open the community file section whatsoever, so I can't provide any type of file types or authors I'm trying to download from. I would like to look at draft classes, rosters, and playbooks

Able to download other files?: Only EA roster Updates. I cannot download anything from the community files section because the game won't allow me to open it.

ErrorThe connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information.

Last time I attempted to access community files: Today, 1/5/21, 11:20 AM MST.
Last time I was successfully able to open community files area: I have never been able to successfully open it. I always get the error popup above

Message 276 of 897 (2,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding @EA_Blueberry ... I think the issue with delays in responding lays at the door of EA rather than you personally. At least from my POV. Especially as the ea help team on twitter are just plain ignoring messages while answering others.

I'm sure I speak for every player affected when I ask you to push to the fullest extent the need for a timeline on this especially as it's a reoccurring problems that's been fixed before. Presumably with the same fix?

It's all about transparency.

Message 277 of 897 (2,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@trumoodoo Yep me too so annoying not working still
Message 278 of 897 (2,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gamertag: bRuZa42

Platform: Xbox One S

File Type & Author: I am unable to open the community file section whatsoever, so I can't provide any type of file types or authors I'm trying to download from. I would like to look at draft classes, rosters, and playbooks

Able to download other files?: Only EA roster Updates. I cannot download anything from the community files section because the game won't allow me to open it.

ErrorThe connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information.

Last time I attempted to access community files: Today, 1/5/21, 02:07 pst
Last time I was successfully able to open community files area: I have never been able to successfully open it. I always get the error popup above

Message 279 of 897 (2,062 Views)

★★★ Novice

- PSN ID: I-AJ24-I
- Platform: PS4
- File type & author: Community files, cant even get to the page
- Able to download other files? yes
- Error: The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information.
- Last time I attempted to access community files: Today
- Last time I was successfully able to open community files area: never

Message 280 of 897 (1,921 Views)