Re: Unable to load Download Community Files

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@trumoodoo
I forwarded these ports for my PS5 which also did not solve the issue, worth a shot lol.
https://portforward.com/madden-nfl-22/
Message 11 of 897 (17,532 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, everyone.

If you're still having trouble with this in game we'll need these details for the team:

• Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID
  • Platform you play on
  • file type & author you're attempt to download
  • Are you able to download other files?
  • What error do you get
  • When was the last time you attempted to download a file? (Date + Time)

Your help is greatly appreciated. We'll get this up to the team for investigation as quickly as possible. 

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 897 (17,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry
- PSN ID: coolhand21cody
- Platform: PS5
- File type & author: I am usually unable to access the community files section, when I do try and download it is a draft class or roster. A user I have downloaded from previously is GeneDangus.
- Able to download other files? Yes, official EA roster updates, etc. Nothing from the community files section because I cannot access it. Downloading content from other games works fine.
- Error: The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information.
- Last time I attempted to access community files: Today, 12/13/21, 2:20 PM EST.
- Last time I was successfully able to open community files area: 12/6/21

Message 13 of 897 (17,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gamertag: Xaril34073

Platform: PS5

File Type: Community file (draft for franchise mode)

File Author: Unknown (have not been able to connect to community files)

Able to download other files? No. All other online options are working and available

Error message: "The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information." 

Last attempt: 12/13/2021 2:42 pm Est

Purchased the game on 12/11/2021, community files have never been accessible. I have restarted my modem and ps5 as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Same error every attempt. 

Message 14 of 897 (17,481 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is pathetic, how can it be so broken to the point that it spans across multiple versions of Madden and take so long to "fix"???

If you not only look at this forum but just do a quick Google search, you will see countless of reports for days, week,s months, and even YEARS ago! What is going on at EA?

Message 15 of 897 (17,457 Views)

Community Manager

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hi, everyone.

If you're still having trouble with this in game we'll need these details for the team:

• Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID
  • Platform you play on
  • file type & author you're attempt to download
  • Are you able to download other files?
  • What error do you get
  • When was the last time you attempted to download a file? (Date + Time)

Your help is greatly appreciated. We'll get this up to the team for investigation as quickly as possible. 

Reminder:

We are looking for this specific information. Please respond back with these details.

Thank you. 

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 897 (17,452 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did a little more testing and just to add. When I try opening "My Downloads" from the Share & Manage Files area, I get the same error. 

But oddly enough I can get into "Share My Files" and upload a draft class I already have saved and it seems to successfully upload fine. Whether it is actually uploaded to community files or not I have no idea.

Message 17 of 897 (17,448 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

• JeromePluth
  • PS5
  • Can't even get past "Download Community Files" tab
  • No
  • Pic attached
  • All day 12/13/21

Message 18 of 897 (17,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gamertag: UMPHL0VE

Xbox series X

-When clicking on community files or when I am in franchise and try and import a local file for a draft class.

-The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information.

-I was able to access and download draft classes before but for the last few days the error keeps occurring.

-Haven’t been able to get into the files 

-Nope haven’t been able to get into the files 

-Nope that doesn’t work to go back in and the out. I have tried everything 

Message 19 of 897 (17,392 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

*UPDATE* 1/10

Thank you for the account examples, we are good on those now as the team is confident they have what they need to help push a fix in the near future. Thank you for your patience!

*UPDATE* 12/30

Updating this post now that reports of file downloading or access to Madden Share is not working. The team has been notified. We will update this thread as soon as we find out more details.

Hey, everyone.

The team made a change yesterday that should allow the files to be downloaded. I was actually experiencing the error myself yesterday and upon logging in this morning I was able to download both a roster and draft file without any error. Can you all let me know if it works for you? 

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 897 (32,234 Views)