Can’t download any content from the community in madden 22….

by juicyj600

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to load Download Community Files

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which console generation do you have? Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 12/5/21
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? Not applicable
Summarize your bug Note: I have seen other reports of this, but I think it needs a bump. The community files share and manage feature is not working.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Select NFL button for settings 2. Select 'Share & Manage Files' 3. Select 'Download Community Files' Workarounds I have tried: Used to be able to like exit and re-enter 20 times and eventually it would work. Resetting internet, close and relaunch game, restart console, tried the PS4 version, tried uninstall and reinstall
What happens when the bug occurs? Result: "The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information." It will spin for a little, so I know it's trying to do something but will fail. The second attempt is usually a quicker fail than the first. Guessing this is more of an error message than actually telling me my connection is bad, because it's not.
What do you expect to see? Expected: Connect to community files. download rosters, etc.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. "The connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information."
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? PS5 n/a
Enter RAM memory size in GB n/a

I have owned a lot of Maddens. This has been a bug for a while, but usually you can get around it by closing and reopening a ton. Now I just can't seem to get in anymore at all. Maybe a bad night for the servers but just haven't been able to get in for around a week. Please help! Thanks!

Message 2 of 897 (15,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to load Download Community Files

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

*UPDATE* 1/10

Thank you for the account examples, we are good on those now as the team is confident they have what they need to help push a fix in the near future. Thank you for your patience!

*UPDATE* 12/30

Updating this post now that reports of file downloading or access to Madden Share is not working. The team has been notified. We will update this thread as soon as we find out more details.

Hey, everyone.

The team made a change yesterday that should allow the files to be downloaded. I was actually experiencing the error myself yesterday and upon logging in this morning I was able to download both a roster and draft file without any error. Can you all let me know if it works for you? 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 20 of 897 (32,390 Views)

All Replies

Can’t download any content from the community in madden 22….

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I go to try and download a draft class roaster playbook etc… it says “the connection to the server has been lost. Check your internet settings and try again” but my internet is completely fine can anybody help? Frown 

Message 1 of 897 (15,358 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @trumoodoo 

This error might pop up a few times when you try to enter the Madden share section or when you attempt to download a file, but I know that after repeated attempts it will go through. 

Have you tried power cycling the console and network though just to see if a fresh link to our servers helps get passed the errors you've getting?

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your PlayStation console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4/5 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 5 minutes. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 897 (15,281 Views)

Community Manager

For clarification, you said you restarted the console. Was it done with the steps I have posted above? 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 897 (15,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On Xbox series X here, me and all my friends are having the same problem, we’ve all reset our consoles and our routers. No fix

Message 5 of 897 (15,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried all the steps and I am still getting the same error message when trying to access the community files. It's very disheartening as it is putting a damper on my franchise mode not being able to access the created draft roster.

Message 6 of 897 (15,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem on PS5 as well.  I have tried the steps and still no luck.  Can access every other online game mode perfectly fine.  Or if I wanna make an in game purchase I can do that super fast of course.

Message 7 of 897 (15,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Getting the same error on PS5 as of 12/11 at 2pm est. 

Message 8 of 897 (15,174 Views)

★★★ Novice

Of course Mut works but not the community files for franchise or career mode... * madden

Message 9 of 897 (15,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry Hey, sorry for the late response, but yes I have tried those specific steps. Unfortunately, this seems pretty random. Over the last week, I have actually been able to get into community files probably one day out of the five or so I played. On the days where I can't get in, I mean I can't get in. You could stay there all day going in and out and it would not make a difference. 

I have also tried the PS4 version with the same results. MUT and Superstar KO / all other online modes work fine for me. When I have been able to access it, it seems like searching through the files can break it again with the same server has been lost message.

This was definitely a problem if I remember correctly back in Madden 21, so I am going to try and ensure all ports listed for Madden 22 are enabled in my network settings. I'll report back if this makes any difference and anything else helpful I can provide because it would be cool if this feature would work. 

Message 10 of 897 (15,124 Views)