Unable to graft certain plants/ LE: 'splicing_recipies'

by rthoneatbugs

Original Post

Re: Bug: Unable to graft trees

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I've just PMd you with the google drive link.

Message 11 of 22 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So i tested your save and had no issues grafting buses. For trees it doesn't seem to work. Are you sure it was all plants ?

Are these trees planted from seeds ?

Bild_2021-08-28_212447.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (647 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They're planted from seeds. I didn't try to graft bushes because I only thought it was trees that were graftable.

Message 13 of 22 (631 Views)

Hero
@rthoneatbugs Could you test a different lot with different Sims to see if it happens there too. I re-tested trees on another save of mine and those didn't have any issues.

The game does throw an LE for your save, something about missing grafting recipes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I was able to graft them in another game.

I guess it's just something wrong with that save then.

Message 15 of 22 (578 Views)

Hero
@rthoneatbugs Can you try planting a fresh tree in your save and see if that works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 22 (562 Views)

Can't graft anything

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat,Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to graft any plant in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant stays the same and doesn't splice. The cutting stays in the sims inventory
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a spliced plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I first noticed it in the most recent patch. 1.80.69.1030. Worked fine before.

I'm trying to get Dragon fruit in the game but every time I try to graft the snap dragon cutting onto my strawberry plant nothing happens and I get a last exception error. I've tried three times.

Message 17 of 22 (629 Views)

Re: Can't graft anything

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MaverickMordeus could you post the LE you're getting ?
Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Does it work for other plants ? you say it's all plants but in your example you're just talking about dragon fruit so making sure :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (612 Views)

★ Guide

This bug happens for me too, but only when the plants are in vertical gardens. The only solution is really to move them somewhere else, graft and once you have finished grafting (I usually mix 3 plants), move them back to vertical places.

Message 19 of 22 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lostinmalloc It's best to keep things separate. 

Your thread for that was here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-Cannot-graft-in-vertical-garden/td-p/9822710

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 22 (595 Views)