Re: Unable to do hangouts

by pernillakv7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to do hangouts in specifc relationships

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6S
OS Version 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003689366399
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One of my sims has 4 relationships. Suddenly she’s not able to do hangouts in the Npc relationship (arch-nemesis, lvl 6) nor in the relationship with a now retired Sim (soulmates lvl 8). She’s only able to do smalltalk.
What do you expect to see? Being able to select quick standard or long hangout
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Sweden
Additional feedback

Playing in Swedish and English. Have tried to turn it off and on again. Same error on Mobile. 

Message 3 of 12 (3,310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to do hangouts in specifc relationships

Hero

Thanks for the screenshots. Could you also share a screenshot of your Sim's relationship stories as well? In that way we can be sure it's not the same issue as the one already reported.

Another question, what other options does your Sim get. I mean when you go through all the flirty, friendly and confrontational options? 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (3,276 Views)

All Replies

Unable to do hangouts

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello! 

I have four relationships stories going on with my sim, but all of a sudden two of the relationships are missing the option to have ”hangouts”. Instead I only get the option to do small talk... What to do? I would really like to continue the stories... 🙄

Message 1 of 12 (3,335 Views)

Hero

@pernillakv7 

It looks as Matthew is now retired. Look at his gray hair. 

I believe you will have to start the relationship with another Sim. I would suggest choosing a young NPC instead of another player's Sim. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 12 (3,316 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! However, I do have the same issue with a NPC, please see attached.

Am I not able to continue relationships with retired sims? I thought they would grow grey together. 😣

Message 4 of 12 (3,309 Views)

Hero

Hi @pernillakv7 your previous post is now merged with the bug report.

Let's see other things that might be happening.

Are the relationship stories visible in your Sims relationships tab or have they disappeared?

How many contacts does your Sim have?

I'm asking you because there is a bug in which relationships and/or contacts disappear. Here's the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Disappearing-contacts-and-relationships-of-Sims/td-p/6901...

Is your issue similar to this?

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 12 (3,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for merging @SalixCat !

This specific sim has 14 contacts (didn’t know they were so many! 😅) and her contact tab shows the two relationships that currently don’t work. I read the other thread before posting but I didn’t think my issue matched that thread 100%. Or what do you think? 

Thank you for your time and help! 

Message 6 of 12 (3,286 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the screenshots. Could you also share a screenshot of your Sim's relationship stories as well? In that way we can be sure it's not the same issue as the one already reported.

Another question, what other options does your Sim get. I mean when you go through all the flirty, friendly and confrontational options? 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 12 (3,277 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is very embarassing... When I choose Flirty with my Husband and Rival with my Enemy, I’m able to do the hangouts. Don’t know why these options were re-set though?!

Sorry for taking up your time and thank you for your help! 

🙏🏽🌟

Message 8 of 12 (3,265 Views)

Hero

Not at all @pernillakv7 There's nothing embarrasing. Your post is a contribution to game knowledge and will be useful to other players. 

That is the main purpose of this forum, to help each other. Thanks for sharing with the community :eahigh_file:

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 9 of 12 (3,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar issue.  I have two sims that are married.  One is. NPC.  They were BFFs.  I can do normal hangouts, rival hangouts, but if I choose flirty, there is only small talk.  Kinda bad since they are married.  Is this a glitch in the system?

Message 10 of 12 (2,558 Views)