Unable to connect

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pixel 2 XL
OS Version Android 8.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 755973572
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Unable to connect to the game, "There is an error with your connection". But it's only occurring to this game, my browser gets connection, other games.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the game
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Simple issue

Message 70 of 194 (12,366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to connect

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Note: While we investigate, this thread has been marked as resolved to make it more easily visible for everyone.

Hi all, thank you for the reports. We are currently investigating it.

View in thread

Message 81 of 194 (13,419 Views)

All Replies

Connection error and stuck on "checking for updates"

★★★ Newbie

i am on iOS, and recently whenever my client decides to check for updates i get a connection error and the game will not load. this occurs on LTE mobile data and *some* wifi connections, although luckily not my home one. however, for a mobile game *from the chinese app store* it does make it rather unplayable if i cannot connect while on mobile data.

the game itself works fine and if this "checking for updates" process is skipped by the client it logs me straight in and i can play out and about no problems.

it is a recent phenomenon; i don't remember it happening at all before the guilds and raids client update. i guess it is a problem with the update server not being accessible from mainland china - if anyone wants to reach out to find out more information and pinpoint why it isn't working, i am here. it is driving me to the edge of quitting, however, as i can't play when i want to the most - on my commute.

Message 1 of 194 (13,348 Views)

Re: Connection error and stuck on "checking for updates"

Community Manager

@Nicho1991 Hey,

Apologies for the late reply, are you still experiencing this issue while attempting to play the game from China?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 194 (13,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue located in the UK on Android Marshmellow but I'm in the UK 

Message 3 of 194 (13,246 Views)

Community Manager

@captainzebralegs How are you connected to the internet on your mobile device currently?

Message 4 of 194 (13,244 Views)

★ Novice
Hi Nils, unfortunately yes. It's more intermittent now (sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't, where previously it just would not at all over the course of days of trying and getting frustrated) and i've learnt to manage it by continually opening the app to keep it loaded on my phone... but it'd be nice for it to work properly all the time without having to do this!
Message 5 of 194 (13,240 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

via wifi. I've tried it on other connections and it's doing the same. A couple of others in my guild is having the same issue. 

Message 6 of 194 (13,234 Views)

Community Manager

@dandaniel999 And you are on iOS?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 194 (13,227 Views)

★ Novice

yes, i'm on iOs. i see the issue over data and *some* wifi connections, but not the wifi at my home or work (thankfully).

If i see "checking for updates" when i load the app, it works fine. if i do, i know i'm in for a world of disappointment.

Message 8 of 194 (13,221 Views)

Community Manager

@dandaniel999 Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I don't have any additional advice at this stage, but will pass the information on and get back to you once I get any news.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 9 of 194 (13,219 Views)