Unable to click on items to issue commands and time freezes!

by simsimmysimmer

Original Post

Unable to click on items to issue commands and time freezes!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The sim will do stuff by themselves but when I click on an item (e.g. fridge, phone, mailbox etc.) it won't bring up the menu to show interactions and then after a moment time will freeze. While the time has stopped moving, background stuff still happens, an example of this is water still trickles down the dew collector (from Eco Lifestyle) and the trees still move. I'm currently playing in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? It happens every time I open the game as of today (17/06/2020). I was able to play fine the day before and for a couple hours in the morning of said date. It wasn't until the afternoon that the bug started.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the interactions menu, so when I click on the fridge I would expect to see the "make quick meal" and other options etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been playing fine up until around 4pm GMT on the 17th June 2020, that's when the bug kicked in. I will hear the noise you hear when you click on an item to interact with it but nothing happens. I've tried so many different ways through the Sims 4 Community Pages and fully updated my laptop too but nothing has helped. I was playing in a different save file earlier and it started to lag but nothing dramatic happened. Started a new save file with only one sim in a tiny house and tried the off the grid function for the first time in Sulani (I downloaded this pack maybe two days ago) and it was fine for maybe 30 minutes and then it started to do the weird glitch. It also took forever to save the game and quit!

Message 1 of 5 (427 Views)

Re: Unable to click on items to issue commands and time freezes!

Hero
@simsimmysimmer This is a known issue for when you click on the ingame computer. That freezes the game.

Does it happen if you don't interact with the computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (396 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I don't even have a computer on the lot I'm paying with! When I didn't touch anything the game would play as usual until I would click on an item
Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)

Hero
@simsimmysimmer Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)

Hero
@simsimmysimmer Could you post your computer specs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (262 Views)