Unable to change NFS Payback profile picture

by Falbere

Original Post

Unable to change NFS Payback profile picture

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Profile picture carries over from Autolog, impossible to change Need for Speed Payback profile picture after NFS Network (for NFS Rivals) service had shut down.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Falbere
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? CTT - GMT + 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs to any player who had previously changed his profile picture on the now defunct Need for Speed Network. Usually, the profile picture of the player in NFS Payback is taken from the player's Origin/Xbox/Playstation. Players who had used Autolog, and changed the profile picture in NFS Network(from Rivals), will have a profile picture from that instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? After NFS Network shuts down, there is no way to change the profile picture for these players.
What do you expect to see? I expect NFS Payback to display Origin/EA Account profile picture, instead of Autolog profile picture.
Please select your region Asia
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? Yes

Discord_2017-11-18_04-18-19.pngUntitled.png

Message 1 of 12 (8,017 Views)

Re: Unable to change NFS Payback profile picture

★ Apprentice

Having the same problem here as well, this is my current profile pic that should be shown in game.

Message 2 of 12 (7,849 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here with NFS 2015. in game shows my old profile picture from NFS Network instead of the Origin profile pic.

Message 3 of 12 (7,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump. Same issue here. Didn't know it was a NFS network problem until I came here though; I must've had both profile pics set as the same.

Message 4 of 12 (7,714 Views)

In game profile picture

★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Profile Picture from Need for Speed Network for Rivals carries over to NFS Payback and 2015, becomes impossible to change in game (NFS Payback and/or 2015) after NFS Network for Rivals has been closed down.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RedivivusOlive1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/29/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 7:30:PM
What is your time zone? CTT - GMT + 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs to any player who had previously set/changed his/hers profile picture on the now defunct Need for Speed Network. The profile picture/avatar in game is usually taken from the user's PlayStation Network, XBOX Live or Origin/EA account. If the player registered a profile picture in Autolog/NFS Network in NFS Rivals, the in game profile picture will be taken from there instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? After Need for Speed Network for NFS Rivals Is shut down, it is no longer possible to change the profile picture shown in game, therefore the user is stuck with the picture they used in NFS Rivals.
What do you expect to see? I expect NFS Payback and NFS 2015 to display the Xbox Gamerpic (Xbox One)/Origin/EA Account Profile Picture (PC) /PlayStation Network Avatar (PS4) in game instead of the profile picture set in Need for Speed Network/Autolog for NFS Rivals.
Please select your region Asia
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? Yes

I am having a bug regarding the in game profile picture, usually, it should display the PlayStation Avatar (PS4), Xbox Gamerpic (XB1) or Origin/EA account profile picture. The game just shows my NFS Rivals profile pic instead of my current photo.

Message 5 of 12 (4,211 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have the same bug on NFS Payback for XB1, my gamerpic is not showing in game, it just shows an older profile picture.

Message 6 of 12 (7,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem, but it seems they brought up the Need for Speed network again and will be shutting it down on the 18th of march. So if you want to change your profile picture, you have the chance to do so now.

~Edit~

Still sucks that the profile has to be changed through autolog and not through EA itself, hope the issue gets resolved by them in the future. For now though, pick a profile pic you'll like for a while until they fix the problem entirely

Message 7 of 12 (7,488 Views)

★ Guide

mhm i changed mine recently on PC via EA Account in my Browser, had to Restart the Game to update it but it worked, i don't know if i did something special maybe restarted origin/pc/game i don't think there was something else i did.

Message 8 of 12 (7,474 Views)

★★★ Novice
How can I access Need For Speed Network?
Message 9 of 12 (7,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has this ever been solved? Just getting back into NFS and would love to change my picture. Its the same from rivals like 2 years ago.
Message 10 of 12 (6,862 Views)