Re: Unable to buy Viceroy Bundle

by cheatercheater00

Original Post

Unable to buy Viceroy Bundle

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? cheatercheater00
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. store
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. trying to buy Viceroy Bundle
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? Hi. I cannot buy the Viceroy Pack with 45 apex packs and 2 legendary apex packs because I already own the skin that is attached to it as a bonus. Please fix it so that I can buy the Viceroy Pack. Either make the price a little lower for those who own the skin, or add another item like a charm or holo. This is really bad and a lot of people are really disappointed about it. This post has had 2000 people agree that it's been a problem. https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/itdmbs/cant_get_the_2_legendary_packs_and_45_apex_pack...
What should be happening instead? I should be able to buy the Viceroy Pack even if I already own the skin. It should be cheaper than for someone who doesn't have the skin yet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Craft the Viceroy skin and try to buy the Viceroy pack.

Hi. I cannot buy the Viceroy Pack with 45 apex packs and 2 legendary apex packs because I already own the skin that is attached to it as a bonus. Please fix it so that I can buy the Viceroy Pack. Either make the price a little lower for those who own the skin, or add another item like a charm or holo. This is really bad and a lot of people are really disappointed about it. This post has had 2000 people agree that it's been a problem. https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/itdmbs/cant_get_the_2_legendary_packs_and_45_apex_pack...

I should be able to buy the Viceroy Pack even if I already own the skin. It should be cheaper than for someone who doesn't have the skin yet.

If you also experience this issue, make sure to click the "Me Too" button so Respawn/EA know this is an issue that a lot of people are disappointed about

Message 1 of 5 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the post, I believe this is intended, if you own the Viceroy skin you can't purchase this pack. 

As you note, there's no shortage of feedback on the matter, thanks for this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_DavidHi David, thanks, I understand it's intended, but as the other (sadly not nice) replies mentioned, it's bad - it shouldn't have been done this way. The pack should be available to anyone, not just people who haven't bought a specific skin previously. That's just setting the wrong incentives. People who supported Apex earlier on are being excluded from a promotion, basically being penalized for supporting Apex. Please report this to the team ASAP so they can fix it before the promotion is over - they need to know that it's disappointing to a lot of people. Note that that post I linked to now has 2.5k people who are disappointed at this, and it's by far not the only post like that around, just a lot of people affected who really hate this.

Message 3 of 5 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Aye, thanks for the feedback. We have seen changes in the past based on shop-based feedback and hopefully we'll see the same here. As ever, I can't make any promises though.

Also we removed the other post, it was a bit too toxic, and as your post shows folks can give critical feedback without being nasty. 

Thanks again, if I hear anything on this system changing i'll update the thread. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (423 Views)

Thanks, looking forward to it. I hope a change gets implemented, it's really disappointing as is.

Message 5 of 5 (323 Views)