Re: Unable to build snowman etc. bf5

by Pedruss22

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue with being unable to build the snowman. I have tried several times but the fortification indicator does move and show construction progress. You can see the outline of the snowman near the yellow house once you access your toolbox. You can hear and see your soldier working to build the snowman but the progress indicator seems to hold at 25% and wont move further. I have tried stopping the work and starting over, re-positioning my soldier, everything I can think of without success.

One note is that I have completed the unlock of the VGO weapon and only wanted to go back and finish the remaining task so I could earn the 30,000 XP.
Message 31 of 38 (745 Views)

Betreff: Unable to build snowman etc. bf5

★★★★★ Novice

@Ali-5M wrote:
but also there's challenges hard to do, like in week 2, kill one or more enemies with V-1 or JB-2 Rocket, it's hard because you can't be squad leader all the time and sometimes you don't have enough score to call for rocket or even if you had maybe you will miss the shot for killing enemy.

It's complicated but the challenges must be more easier, because we do 5+ challenges for only one item each week.

There are a few challenges that state that your squad, not just you, has to do something. The rocket kills are one of these. 

The challenges aren't hard, they just require some thought and attention. They don't need to be easier.

Message 32 of 38 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No you do not need to build the snowman to unlock VGO.
Message 33 of 38 (743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Really would like to finish the snowman event. Frown

30k xp.......

Message 34 of 38 (687 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

They really should acknowledge this issue. I spent so much time wasted on the snowman issue.

Message 35 of 38 (645 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me. the snowman is blocked at ~20% and cannot be finished. I have been dead about 20 times trying in both map... Ruining the victory of my team for this damn snowman...

Message 36 of 38 (617 Views)

Betreff: Unable to build snowman etc. bf5

★★★★ Novice
But heres the deal, the challenge is over. I built the snowman like 5 times, as in i pressed on the challenge in the tides of war menu, joined a game, played til the correct map started, built it, but could not for the sake of it get it completed. Build the snowman and heal people with the medic chest /kit would not complete. SO ANNOYING. Spent so long playing all the maps, finally getting the snow maps, built the snowman time after time after time.

After reading online, some1 suggested a solution, just join narvik or fjell from the normal multiplayer server list. I did that, but ofc now there was a construction bug that wouldnt let me finish building anything.

I get it, bugs happen, but shouldnt we get something in return? Like the xp we lost, or something?
Message 37 of 38 (573 Views)

★★ Novice
Same, but on PS4.

Last night I tried building the snowman on both maps in multiple games, and got about five kills with stationary weapons without it unlocking the weapon.
Message 38 of 38 (549 Views)