by Tertius

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to block with a hero

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When already holding the block trigger with a Jedi or Sith. Enemies and Heros are able to go right through it and stun the hero i am playing and cant dodge at all or fight back. Or they get through my block and do an instant kill while having full health.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? zackalien
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 3/27/18
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 6:00 Pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EAT - GMT + 3:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playing a jedi or sith and going against Rey mostly. where she can go right through your block with just a normal attack. Along with Her having a 100% perfect block not stunning her at all. and cant do any damage on her.
What happens when the bug occurs? when blocking as Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader.
What do you expect to see? having better chance to block and nerffing Rey's Blocking
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Please look into the blocking with the Jedi and Sith. Some are able to block without being stunned and some get stunnded big time while blocking. being exposed for a long time and not being able to dodge while being attacked. Rey especially. Her blocking is too high to where she doesn't even get stunned when you attack her with a sith, but the sith get stunned. Doesn't make any seance. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to block with a hero

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @zackalien7

Thank you for your feedback! We'll check this out and see if Rey's abilities are working as they should.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,072 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @zackalien7

Thank you for your feedback! We'll check this out and see if Rey's abilities are working as they should.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice
Did you fix this or not? I’m still getting this bug and it’s now August...
Message 3 of 7 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie
They wont
Message 4 of 7 (1,790 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Ataashi wrote:

Hi @zackalien7

/Ataashi

This is not just affecting Rey. It’s affecting ALL saber weilders and ALL blocking abilities. For example, Yoda is supposed to be able absorb blaster fire. That hasn’t worked since Grievous dropped. This is unacceptable considering the player base has been posting about this all over the forums. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,754 Views)

★ Apprentice

Every saber wielder is experiencing a problem with losing blocking abilities (save for Maul, obviously).

This has happened very regularly since the release of Dooku. 

Most of the time it's happening after being in combat.

The wielder will not be able to block anymore (until respawn) tho the stamina bar still drops as though it is holding a block. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,677 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CaptPengu1n 

I've opened a report full of details and analysis about the BUG you're mentioning here. It can be found with this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/m-p/6762835

This report here was created on April, and the creator never came back to check its progress. A default response from EA was flagged as a Solution, when clearly it isn't a solution at all. And if you check the details about the report, you'll see the creator clearly mixed up several things at once, BUGs & features alike.

So I recommend we leave this report dead, it doesn't help anyone, it only increases the mess. I'll point out some details to show how messy this report is:

He first complains about blocking not working, which is fine, but then he says enemies can stun him while blocking, which is an intended feature of some stun effects (while others can be blocked). Then he says it can even lead to instakills, which is clearly an exaggeration from him, or a completely different and unrelated issue.

Then when explaining how to trigger it, he uses Rey as an example, and says her normal attack can go through block, which isn't true, and never was in any moment throughout the history of this game. He probably messed up by calling her ability 'Dash Strike' a normal attack, as her Dash Strike was unblockable until a few Patch Updates ago by DICE's Design. And he finishes by falsely accusing Rey of being immune to any inability to block. In my report only, Rey loses her block several times.

Message 7 of 7 (1,669 Views)