by minidonkeys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to become a spell caster in new sims 4 magic realm

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure what this number is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I go into the game and go through the portal, I have made friends with all sages and I NEVER get a prompt "How to use Magic" . I could not access the magic stores either but after the last update I am able to travel here now.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just cannot become a spellcaster unless I create from the start.
What do you expect to see? I expect this prompt to come up for me
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I go into the game and go through the portal, I have made friends with all sages and I NEVER get a prompt "How to use Magic" . I could not access the magic stores either but after the last update I am able to travel here now.

Message 1 of 12 (1,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to become a spell caster in new sims 4 magic realm

Hero
@minidonkeys Also are your Sims already some other kind of occult ? You can only be one at the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (1,110 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@minidonkeys Did you try this on multiple save games to see if it's related to a certain Sim/Save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,240 Views)

Hero
@minidonkeys Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (1,194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I am still having an issue and have not seen anything that will unlock this for me. I cannot get any of the Sages to have that questions. 

Message 4 of 12 (1,184 Views)

Hero
@minidonkeys Have you tried multiple Sims/ Saves ? Is it specific to one Sim/Save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,172 Views)

Hero
@minidonkeys Have you been able to test another Sim or save to see if it's related to that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I will try another household and see if I get the same issue. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,118 Views)

Hero
@minidonkeys Also are your Sims already some other kind of occult ? You can only be one at the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,111 Views)

Hero
@minidonkeys Did you have luck trying a different household ? Was your Sim already a different kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,075 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I created a new family and worked exactly like it is suppose too. Maybe because my girls were mermaids it did not work. I am not sure but glad to finally be playing magic.

Message 10 of 12 (1,060 Views)