Re: Unable to be boyfriend/girlfriend when fated mates (also spamming asking)

by BillieBugs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to be boyfriend/girlfriend when fated mates (also spamming asking)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030 64 bit
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except my wedding stories
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? be fated mates and a teen
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim keeps being asked by her fated mate to be boyfriend girlfriend. I say yes. Nothing happens. Keeps spamming. There's no ask to be boyfriend option in romance tab.
What do you expect to see? The relationship bit that they're boyfriend girlfriend. It's not in their profile and he keeps asking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. high school pack

I had mods when it happened, i removed them and did a fresh install etc and its still happening. 

Message 1 of 9 (681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@BillieBugs I'm guessing it's along these lines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-NPCs-ask-other-Sims-regardless-of-age-rel-status-to-advanc... but I can't say for sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (639 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@BillieBugs Does it work if you just use the social interaction instead of the pop-up question ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (670 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict There is no social interaction option Frown
Message 3 of 9 (667 Views)

Hero
@BillieBugs How high is their romance bar ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (662 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Their romance bar is almost full, probably 90 percent. They have Sweethearts trait, prom date, fated mates, promised and social bunny friends
Message 5 of 9 (653 Views)

Hero
@BillieBugs I think promised is > then BF/GF. It might be that's it why it's not working. They should be getting the prompt then but that doesn't seem to have any filters at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (651 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Is that a bug then? Why he keeps asking to be in a relationship even though they're promised?
Message 7 of 9 (644 Views)

Hero
@BillieBugs I'm guessing it's along these lines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-NPCs-ask-other-Sims-regardless-of-age-rel-status-to-advanc... but I can't say for sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ah yes! It sounds like kwill_bee's issue. Hopefully a fix will be made Standard smile
Message 9 of 9 (634 Views)