Original Post

Unable to Salvage Default Gear.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Both in Forge and Vault.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/16/2019 20:00 GMT-5
Summarize your bug Unable to delete/junk/salvage starting missile, grenade, assault rifle. Picked Ranger as first Javelin, have deleted default loadout. New loadout has all new weapons. These items are greyed out. I am unable to do anything with them. Nor can I equip them back to the Javelin. The worst part is that these are taking up slots in my inventory. 12/250 may sound small, but it grates on my OCD. I am not a newbie and don't need protecting from myself.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've created a new character, deleted my old one. Still get the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't delete or junk or salvage missiles, assault rifle, or grenade that comes with the javelin at start of game
What should be happening instead? I should be able to delete or junk anything I want.

I would like this to be better explained, or for you to make it so these "default" weapons if we are stuck with them, take no space.

Message 1 of 30 (1,839 Views)

Re: Unable to Salvage Default Gear.

★★★ Novice
Was going through my inventory tonight and found I couldn't salvage the level 1 assault rifle that you start with. Was grumpy about it, gimme my inventory space! I'm on Xbox One S.
Message 2 of 30 (1,817 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's the same thing I ran into.

See if you have the same trouble with the level 1 grenade and level 1 missile.

Message 3 of 30 (1,814 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'll have to check tomorrow, however I believe I was able to get rid of my level 1 frag grenade. I think I just had a level 4 frag and level 3 inferno grenade in my inventory. The level 1 missle I may not have tried yet, I forget.
Message 4 of 30 (1,809 Views)

★★★ Novice
Confirmed, the level 1 assault rifle, grenade, and missle that you start with cannot be dismantled.
Message 5 of 30 (1,781 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It's not a bug.
if you make new loadouts it comes equiped with those things.
Message 6 of 30 (1,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Then they need to make those things not take inventory space.  By the time I have 4 javs, that will be 12 slots wasted.

Ive never played a game that stole space like this.

Message 7 of 30 (1,762 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Cant salvage the Cloudburst that comes with the Colossus, nor the Fulcrum that comes with the interceptor.
Message 8 of 30 (1,751 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yep, you called it right GrimReaperrz.
Took me a while to work it out.

You will also find that you cant Salvage something that is unequipped on one Jav if it is equipped on another. Stands to reason but I would have preferred an indication as to why its greyed out or the option to override and salvage it anyway and leave the slot empty where it was fitted.
Message 9 of 30 (1,716 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Custards
this is why i have template loadouts with no gear equiped (only default stuff) And all my customisation options applied to it.
I just copy that loadout and then when i switch to a different javelin delete the copy. so i never have an issue with gear being equiped elsewhere XD
Message 10 of 30 (1,696 Views)