Original Post

Unable to Make Formation Substitutions in Franchise Mode

★ Novice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Cannot edit players in Formation Subs. When I select the option, the loading screen appears but the page with the formations do not show on the screen.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to make changes to players in Formation Sub screen in Franchise Mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Loading screen appears and then a blank screen. I am able to back out to the previous depth chart screen and select different options
What do you expect to see? The formations so I can make changes to particular formations.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? yaboyjholman
Date/time issue occurred 8-28-17 6:00 pm CT
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Nothing else to add besides what is above. There has been an inability to make changes in the formation sub screen

Message 2 of 15 (9,346 Views)

Offensive Custom Playbook Plays Not Working Properly

★★ Novice

Custom Playbooks not showing all of the plays and formations.  Sometimes as I play the game I get a blank screen when I try to pick a play by formation.  After I choose a play using either Concept or Type of Play the plays will show back up in the Formation Section.  However all sets will not show, sometimes audibles do not show properly as well.  Very frustrating to spend hours creating the perfect playbook but not able to use them.  This does not only happen in H2H but even practice as well.  I uploaded two playbooks to the Community so you can see what I mean.   One is labeled Mr Plus 1 (offense and defense) and another is CustomEagles (offense and defense).  These issues only seem to happen for the Offensive Playbook.

Message 1 of 15 (9,302 Views)

Franchise Issues

★ Novice
Anyone having problems in franchise mode where formation subs don't appear if you change offense playbook? Or on the defense side, you change subs in a formation and it doesn't stay after you exit?

Also if you change quarter length for league, CPU games still go 60 minutes and have ridiculous stats? Like 6 tds, 500 yards passing a game, 80 downs played.
Message 3 of 15 (9,314 Views)

Re: Unable to Make Formation Substitutions in Franchise Mode

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. Returns to default every single time. Please address, EA. 

Message 4 of 15 (9,291 Views)

Unable to Make Formation Substitutions in Franchise Mode

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug 32 team offline CFM. Around 31st to 32nd team edited, resets to defaults and won't save any edits. Eventually you can't edit even pre-existing sub packages without it resetting to default.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a 32 team offline CFM in Owner mode and make formation subs for each team. See if edits are saved for each team
What happens when the bug occurs? Sub packages are not saved
What do you expect to see? Sub packages are saved
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? dfahrpapa
Date/time issue occurred 8/31/2017
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. No crash texxt.

No screen shots at the moment.  At work lol 

Message 5 of 15 (9,296 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Two posts for the same issue in the same day. Please address, EA. 

Message 6 of 15 (9,270 Views)

Formation Subs

★★★ Newbie

How do you make formation substitutions for  players in the CFM?  When I try it under the coaching section, I can only switch back between offence and defense but no formations show up.  Its just black.

Message 7 of 15 (9,264 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue for me on Xbox One.

Message 8 of 15 (9,232 Views)

Unable to make formation subs with non-team playbooks

★★★ Newbie

Whenever  I choose a non-team playbook (West Coast, Spread, 3-4, etc.) I am unable to make any formation subs. The screen is blank. However, they work if I choose a playbook assigned to a team/coach. Anyone else having this issues?

Message 9 of 15 (9,112 Views)

Re: Unable to make formation subs with non-team playbooks

★★★ Newbie
Yep I have the same issue. Changed my playbook to West Coast. When I go to formation subs, it’s starts loading then I just get a blank screen. Hopefully they address this bug. It’s the small things like this that get annoying.
Message 10 of 15 (8,685 Views)