Re: Unable to Give Medicine from "Herbal Entrepreneurs" to Doctor

by Xaemoon

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Greetings everyone!  

I began playing ME:A about 3 months ago and finished the campaign roughly 3 weeks ago.  I ran into ZERO issues with any of the Campaign Missions or Side-Quests.

One thing I can say that may help someone is ... From the start of the game, I never took a break from one quest to jump into another, unless explicitly forced to.  Regarding the Campaign Missions, I completed the mission, then moved onto completing the Side-Quests for the planet hosted by the mission, before starting the next Campaign Mission.

Hopes this help everyone!

Platform = PC

Message 61 of 75 (3,202 Views)

★ Apprentice

Once, way back in one of my first run-throughs on release 1.05, this worked. Then BioWare added the bug to cause the freeze situation in the SOS quest. Since they fixed that bug, I have never been able to pick up any medicine in the Herbal Entrepreneurs quest to give to the doctor in the Broken Family quest. 

I am a PC user with the Deluxe Edition of Andromeda, and even now on version 1.10, it is still a problem. I have gone through every combination I can think of to determine if it is an event sequencing issue: I have run straight through with no stopping for other quests; I have followed the Prima Game Guide instructions to the letter; I have varied conversations with the different NPCs involved; I have even changed the point when I talk to the doctor in the broken family quest. Absolutely nothing works. I guess when EA decided not provide any future DLC for the game, they also decided the game wasn't worth fixing the bugs, either. What a waste of my money. It will be a long time before I buy another game from EA.

Message 62 of 75 (3,057 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You are right the quest running a fever never triggers. Whether a future patch will put it back into the game is anybody's guess.

BTW the broken family quest can still be finished as it is not related to the running a fever quest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 63 of 75 (3,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

EA has officially stated there will be no further patches for ME:A, which essentially means until we get a save editor, it will not be possible to fully finish the game - and it will never be possible to complete the game without cheating. As someone who actually thoroughly enjoyed what I still hope is a first outing in Andromeda, I am appalled at the horrendous post-launch support this game has received. Please, please, please, do one final patch fixing this game to the point where it can actually be fully completed. https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-update-from-the-studio

Message 64 of 75 (2,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Are you suggesting HaloXZealot that in order to get certain things to trigger properly, you need to do every task on Eos before moving to Voeld. Then do every task on Voeld before moving onto Havarl, Kadara, Elaaden, etc? Essentially do each task on each planet one at a time. 

That seems like pretty iffy game design if you ask me. I've played many RPGs and MMORPGs before where you could have multiple tasks active in multiple zones (planets in MEA's case) and you didn't need to do them one at a time, and they would all complete properly. Even if they had multiple parts to them. 

Message 65 of 75 (2,859 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey everyone....I've just learned there is now a mod on the nexus that allows this quest to work properly. It's probably only for PC but it's better than nothing. Not sure if allowed to post mod links here but it is called MEA fixpack.

Message 66 of 75 (2,625 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you sooo much for this Standard smile. Encountered alot of bugs during the game and it was beginning to tick me off, but due to "life" never even considered looking for a fix outside the game patches :D. You're a life saver. I hope the game gets better (less buggier) from here on out :P.

Message 67 of 75 (1,931 Views)

★★ Novice

Just wanted to drop by and say that as of January 2019 this is still a bug.

Message 68 of 75 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug will NEVER be fixed. Support for the single-player game was officially discontinued on August 19, 2017. If you own the PC version of the game, there are third-party mods that fix a variety of the game's unpatched bugs, including this one. If you're on console, there's nothing you can do. Luckily, the quest is minor and since it doesn't trigger, it never shows up in your quest log and you can just forget about it. 

Official announcement from Bioware: http://blog.bioware.com/2017/08/19/mass-effect-andromeda/

Message 69 of 75 (1,548 Views)

★ Apprentice
3/7/2020 It still isn't fixed. Looks like it never will be. I think I'll go to Nexus and get the mod.
Message 70 of 75 (987 Views)