Accepted Solution

Umbaran Starfighter Hit Through Damage Immunity Buff

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy s8
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I used Enduarance's Damage Immunity Buff on all my craft. First round after that was Wedge Antilles X-Wing (on my side), that round went fine. Next round was enemy's Umbaran Starfighter, who attacked my Ashoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter and defeated it. This was despite the Damage Immunity Buff still being active (as Ashoka had not had a turn yet). Both of the Umbaran's attack abilities do Physical damage - I'm not sure why this would have not been negated by the Damage Immunity Buff put on by the Endurance.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Apply Damage Immunity Buff from the Endurance to friendly craft. 2. Enemy Umbaran Starfighter must attack friendly Ashoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter while damage immunity buff is still active.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I selected 100%, but this specific situation has only happened to me once so far.

Message 1 of 3 (209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Umbaran Starfighter Hit Through Damage Immunity Buff

I do this all the time against Endurance. If the opponent has target lock, Umbaran Starfighter dispels their buffs.

Order of operations dispels first, then damages. So Umbaran Starfighter removes the damage immunity buff from Ashoka, then does damage. Happens fast, so you like don't see the dispel before she blows up.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

All Replies

I do this all the time against Endurance. If the opponent has target lock, Umbaran Starfighter dispels their buffs.

Order of operations dispels first, then damages. So Umbaran Starfighter removes the damage immunity buff from Ashoka, then does damage. Happens fast, so you like don't see the dispel before she blows up.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

Agree with ChristophIV.  Umbaran Starfighter removes buffs before damage is dealt when attacking a Target Locked opponent.

You can also see this if an opponent has buffs like "protection up" or "retribution" - the buff will be removed before damage.  That's why an opponent who had retribution doesn't counter, because the retribution wasn't present at the time of damage.  Similarly, an almost dead ship with a protection boost will die from Umbaran's attack, because the bonus protection is removed first, allowing him to damage the ship.