by crinrict

Original Post

[UNSURE] [V] [IL] Vampires don't use ladder on detached beach lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A bunch
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a lot set as Beach, build a foundation in water, make four floors unconnected by stairway, have a sim try to go to the bathroom on the first floor inside a building room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims says they can't do it, and cancel the task.
What do you expect to see? Exactly as written above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As instructed, you have been redirected from:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Massive-Bug-Report/m-p/8198259#M104327

Message 1 of 9 (770 Views)

Re: Bug Report 1- Doors on [Beach] designated lots do not work

Hero
@MasterDarkwingz Thanks for making a new report.

Could you please let us know which packs exactly you own (this is important as some bugs can only be replicated on certain pack combinations

Also your game version is important, here's instruction how to find it: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Could you maybe also upload your house to the gallery for easier testing or post a picture ?

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons,CatsandDogs, Get To Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday, and Grim's.

Link to build was in Massive Bug Report, but here it is again:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EEB18352D5D711E983952494C5C427A6?category=al...

Message 3 of 9 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MasterDarkwingz I tried your build but I'm confused. How do you want to go to rooms that are not connected by stairs ?

Is this also about Vampires and fly here and brooms ?

The Sims I tested were fine to use the rooms on the ground floor that are connected by the ladder into the ocean but can't further up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI had a vampire try to go to the bathroom on the first floor despite having the space open. Said he couldn't do it and auto cancelled the action. Also tried with a few other sims, they couldn't get there either.

You certain you set it to [Beach]?

Doors wouldn't open with the other sims, and it auto canceled for them as well. I may have rearranged the bathroom furniture before uploading the build.

Message 5 of 9 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MasterDarkwingz Yes, it was set to beach but I tried with a normal Sim and not a vampire. I put the lot on the 50x50 in Sulani.

EDIT: Did some more testing and it seems to be an issue for Vampires. They seem to be unable to use the ladder unless you specifically tell them to do so. Probably has to do with their run.

Didn't test with spellcasters. Mermaids will have an issue to as they can't use the ladder which is by design.

Could you test if it works for non-occults for you ? Also, as you say it's the doors, do you also have issues if the lot isn't as dis-attached as this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (641 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this problem, but the cause was I did not know there was something blocking it. Like for example. I had a public bathroom and did not know a tree was bent just enough to go through it. It worked fine once I removed anything that could poke/or pass through it.

Message 7 of 9 (619 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have yet to try testing it on a land locked build.
Message 8 of 9 (592 Views)

Hero
@MasterDarkwingz Does it work for you with non-occults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (580 Views)