by KingRayVeteran

Original Post

[UNSURE] Toilet Synchronization Problem

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 6.1.7601
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Romantic Garden Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Luxury Party Stuff, Dine Out, Seasons, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Parenthood, City Living, Laundry Day Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cats & Dogs, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spa Day, Get Famous, StrangerVille, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure to select the same toilet for 2 different Sims, but at different times on the same day, or just 2 Sims that will use the same toilet at different times. Same thing happens when you queue using the refrigerator to eat. If it's within a second or two, one of them will throw up their hands, even if the previous Sim is finished getting something out of the fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? So, one (or both) of the Sims will go to the toilet when nobody is using it, throw up their hands, and move on without using it. I can't have 2 Sims use the same toilet, even if it's at different times (in the queue). There will be a question mark above their head. Sometimes it happens when only 1 Sim as queued a toilet that nobody is using. Some kind of synchronization bug, or maybe not even that. I have to watch everyone carefully, or they'll be running around with their Bladder bar in the red.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to use the toilet, since nobody is using it at the time and not have to make them use a different toilet to relieve themselves. I also expect a Sim to use the fridge even if another one has walked away, or not even gotten to it, yet. Two of them going for it around the same time does not work. Perhaps there should be a delay somewhere, or make the Sim wait until the other one finishes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dang, I just spelled this out above.  This is just an example, because it happens even when the Sims are home.  I will queue Sims to use the toilet when they get back to the house.  I'll even alternate which one they use, because it's a large house.  When they get home, they'll go to the bathroom, attempt to use the toilet, and a question mark appears as if someone else is using it at the time.  They walk away without using it.

Spelled out another way, Sim #1 will come home at 3pm; Sim #2 will come home at 5pm.  Sim #2 gets back and won't use that toilet, because Sim #1 had it in their queue.  Like I said, it doesn't always work like this, but is a queuing problem of some sort.  I can understand if I queue a Sim to use the toilet before another one is finished with that one, but not when they're not using it at all; just queued to use.

Easily reproduced.  No screenshots or videos for this one; it's extremely obvious and happens day and night.  I've even seen it happen to a Sim where nobody else was using that toilet, but another toilet in the house, and that Sim bypasses their own personal toilet in their bathroom.  Go figure.  I queue them to use the toilet, shower, then eat after sleeping.  Sometimes, use the shower, then the toilet, and eat.  At times, they'll only eat and won't use the toilet/shower at all, but I'm paying attention to another Sim when they come downstairs without implementing their hygiene.  I don't have the patience to catch this happening when I've got a house full of Sims and can't be watching each one do what I queued them to do.

Message 1 of 11 (740 Views)

Re: Toilet Synchronization Problem

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KingRayVeteran I don't think this is a bug though. It's not new that the object gets locked as soon as one Sim uses it (even if it's just in the queue)

As you can see here, it was deemed as by design for the fridge: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Issue-when-asking-multiple-sims-to-use-fridge/m-p/39...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (723 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Still a strange design when one Sim is using a different can. Game is supposed to be able to sync many things, and this is one that is off. I've seen the refrigerator phenomenon, but not different toilets in the same house.
Message 3 of 11 (687 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran I can't duplicate it for different toilets though. If I queue one toilet for one sim and another for another, they both use them fine. I haven't tried your while at work scenario.

Do you only have the two Sims in your household or could another be blocking the toilet autonomously ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (677 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict No, there are 8 Sims in this household. Some are at work while others are at school. 1 Teenager, 1 grade-schooler, 3 adults working, 2 at home w/o jobs, and a baby. Trust me, it gets intense with the queuing sometimes, and since they don't all leave home at the same time employees vs. school Sims, I only notice this when they get to the refrigerator crossing their legs while walking (hahahaha).
Message 5 of 11 (670 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran I do think if they can't use different toilets at the same time (and you're sure none of your other 7 Sims has queued it), that would be bug, if it's the same one, it's the same as the fridge issue that was deemed as by design by QA.

Same happens with the baby (which I find the most annoying tbh).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (666 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Not the same toilets
Message 7 of 11 (660 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran Not the same toilet works fine for me though. Do they never work for you or only sometimes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictDangit, I lost my response when I forgot to hit Submit. Only sometimes, and different Sims are queued for the same toilet at different times during the Sim-day. 4 are coming home; 2 queue one toilet, the other 2 I'm queuing for the other. Again, when they use the toilet it's 2 Sim-hours apart.

Message 9 of 11 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KingRayVeteran But from your description, it's still in the queue already.

I'll tag this as unsure for now and let's see if anyone else has issues with this.

I still have to test the coming home part but I'm playing with one Sim at Uni currently.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (594 Views)