[UNSURE] [SE] Snowboarding videos not uploading (Social Network Option)

by ahugemanateee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[UNSURE] [SE] Snowboarding videos not uploading (Social Network Option)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, cats and dogs, city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, spa day, strangerville, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, moschino stuff, movie hangout, knifty knitting, perfect patio, romantic garden, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Level 10 snowboarding, after recording a snowboard video and it appearing in inventory, try to upload it on the computer but nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing
What do you expect to see? video to disappear from inventory and get royalties.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been having trouble uploading snowboarding videos. My sim will snowboard until a video appears in her inventory, then when I go home and try to upload the video nothing happens. I@ve tried taking out CC and that hasn't fixed the issue and I've tried closing the game and starting it again. It's happened on multiple saves. I also want to note that I'm playing the Japanese region of the game (all my townies have Japanese names) but playing the game in English. Here’s my current save file.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (5,610 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Snowboarding videos not uploading

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ha, this video finally helped

There's two interactions. One works, the other doesn't

The one in the social Network sub menu doesn't work as you say. That one doesn't let me choose the video I want to upload.

If you click on more choices, there's another one (not inside a menu). That one works for me. Do you have this other option too ?

Bild_2020-12-01_142757.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 18 (6,226 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ahugemanateee I tested on my save and it worked fine.

Unfortunately I can't try yours as that link requires permission.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (5,595 Views)

★ Apprentice

I modified the file so you should now be able to open the save file. 

Message 3 of 18 (5,587 Views)

Hero
@ahugemanateee Are you sure that's the right save ? There's only one played family living in Windenburg with not maxed out Snowboarding.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (5,579 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry! My bad! 

I decided to do some of my own troubleshooting today, I put my family in a different save file, which didn't work. Then I tried again without CC, which also didn't work. Then I repaired the game through Origin, which also didn't work. 

So here's the correct save file (I double checked). There's only one played family since it's a new save file. The sim with level 10 snowboarding is the one at home. 

Message 5 of 18 (5,563 Views)

Hero
@ahugemanateee The house you sent me has no computer (was yours cc ?)

If I place one it works fine so maybe it's the computer you've been using ? When you removed your cc, which one did you use ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (5,559 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried it with a bunch of CC and non-CC computers. In the original save file I was using, I was using the $800 base game one. In the new save file (that you looked at) I re-modelled their house and gave them a CC computer but this has never worked for me, in multiple saves, with multiple families - even before the patch (If my memory serves me well) In that save file I'm pretty sure I was using the laptop from Strangerville

I seem to be the only person having this issue. Do you have any ideas for what I can try doing to fix this? Could it be my graphics options or region/language combination? Should I uninstall and reinstall the game? 

Message 7 of 18 (5,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ahugemanateee I tried a laptop. Let me try the $800 one.

Did you also try different desks ?

You are using the option to record video on the slope ? It doesn't just appear while you snowboard normally ?

Does the interaction drop from queue for you or just never finish ?

Could you maybe upload a video ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (5,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well I don’t know if everyone’s game looks like this but at anytime if the sim has level 10 snowboarding the “upload snowboarding video” interaction always shows up regardless of whether they’ve filmed a video or not. 

yep tried it  with different desks too. It’s happened to at least 3 of my Sims so far (all Sims that I’ve had reach level 10 snowboarding) 

anyway, as you can see in the video (that I’ve had to link because it wasn’t letting me attach it) the interaction just drops I guess. 

Message 9 of 18 (5,527 Views)

Hero
@ahugemanateee OK. it looks like the interaction gets interrupted, hence not completing. Can you try just a simple desk, nothing else on it and just a single room without anything to distract them (or just a lot with a desk/chair/computer to see if it's actually an issue of an other interaction canceling the upload ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (5,522 Views)