Re: No Eco footprint in Yukimatsu residential lot

by Player_645knm0g

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Update:

My entire Yukimatsu neighborhood now has a green footprint. I'm not noticing any cosmetic changes (e.g. haven't seen an aurora), but my sims are still benefiting through moodlets about living in a green neighborhood, sun rays, clean air etc. 

I'm fine with no visual changes in the neighborhood b/c it is a unique one, but if eco footprint can change and the moodlets are still active then there's no reason the panel should be hidden for this neighborhood. A little notification message with lore about how park rangers keep the mountain free from trash and endless clouds prevent aurora/sun rays from being visible would be fine.

The Sims™ 4 11_23_2020 8_45_49 PM.png

Message 11 of 17 (758 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Player_645knm0g wrote:

Update:

My entire Yukimatsu neighborhood now has a green footprint. I'm not noticing any cosmetic changes (e.g. haven't seen an aurora), but my sims are still benefiting through moodlets about living in a green neighborhood, sun rays, clean air etc. 

I'm fine with no visual changes in the neighborhood b/c it is a unique one, but if eco footprint can change and the moodlets are still active then there's no reason the panel should be hidden for this neighborhood. A little notification message with lore about how park rangers keep the mountain free from trash and endless clouds prevent aurora/sun rays from being visible would be fine.

The Sims™ 4 11_23_2020 8_45_49 PM.png

And what did you do to turn Yukimatsu green?

I been trying for a quite time but I get no results at all (and no notifications too).

I thought it was a bug because I couldn't see the eco footprint there - while living there.

Message 12 of 17 (743 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ceunon20 

• I had a good-sized garden: Two of the square plots outside (had to plant seeds in an indoor pot first because of the snow and then moved them outside in build/buy mode) plus 1 meat wall and 1 vertical garden.
  • Think I also had an eco upgrade for one of my appliances, but don't remember if that was before or after we hit green.
  • There were also NAPs in place for water conservation and gardening I think so that might help too.
  • Fireplaces & heaters push you towards industrial so watch how much those are being used.
Message 13 of 17 (730 Views)

★ Guide

So I just made a residential lot for my sims at Yukimatsu but I also noticed there is no eco footprint bar present.

Looks more like a bug or oversight to me rather than intended though as you can check the footprint at manage world still.

Although can't say for sure until we get a confirmation from any of the developer.

Message 14 of 17 (666 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] [ECO] No Eco footprint in Yukimatsu residential lot

★★ Novice

I have Eco footprints completely disabled for now, and yet that residential lot is now industrial because I moved my sims onto the lot. It's still disabled everywhere else, and isn't showing on the map or on the bar by the weather, but the sky is orange and my sims are complaining....

Message 15 of 17 (641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem!

Message 16 of 17 (605 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem, this neighbourhood for me is industrial now with all the disadvantages and I can't change it to normal, even though this feature is off in my save Frown This was such a beautiful area and I'm not interested in the industrial gameplay, I just want the feature to be actually off when it is off in the settings, but it isn't Frown

Message 17 of 17 (258 Views)