by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] [ECO] No Eco footprint in Yukimatsu residential lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.68.156.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a family on a residential lot in the Yukimatsu neighborhood (I played on both the existing residential lot and after converting a rental lot into a residential lot)
What happens when the bug occurs? No eco footprint icon/progress info is available in the center console although the neighborhood does have an eco footprint in the map view. All other neighborhoods in the world have an eco footprint when playing a family as expected
What do you expect to see? eco footprint progress when I am playing a family
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

no additional info

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (2,702 Views)

Re: No Eco footprint in Yukimatsu residential lot

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Player_645knm0g I don't think this is a bug. The world is very unique. Changing it would probably break it. It's like StrangerVille.

Can you post a picture of where you see the footprint on the map ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,668 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • First image is the map view which gives the eco footprint overview for the entire world. I've clicked on the problem neighborhood Yukimatsu to show it has a neutral footprint.

• Second image is what I expect to see. It's from the same world, but was taken from a residential lot in the Wakaba neighborhood (though it's the same for Senbamachi as well). The eco footprint is available along with the season/weather information and shows movement towards green.

• Third image is a residential lot in the Yukimatsu neighborhood and there is no eco footprint information in the center panel.

• Fourth image is from a sims community site with screenshots supposedly showing that Wakaba/Senbamachi will show the effects of green/industrial eco footprints as expected (https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/12/the-sims-4-snowy-escape-opening-up-gameplay-with-other-packs/)

So if Yukimatsu is deliberately not part of the Eco Footprint system it might be helpful to say that on the main map (though I'd actually love it if hiking/mountain climbing was littered with trash if you get into the industrial zone since that's apparently the reality of Mt. Everest!)

FIRST 
01_The Sims™ 4 11_21_2020 5_36_20 PM.pngSECOND

02_The Sims™ 4 11_21_2020 5_47_47 PM_RESIZED.png

THIRD

03_The Sims™ 4 11_21_2020 5_45_56 PM.png

FOURTH

04_simscommunity.PNG

Message 3 of 17 (2,653 Views)

Hero
@Player_645knm0g So, since different from the other hoods that can't change (Strangerville, all destination only worlds), the world does have a footprint showing as you can get one for the lower two hoods.

I agree that it would be helpful if it would say you can't change it for Yukimatsu on the map but as you also can't change the weather there, I really think it's not a bug and maybe there were technical limitations for not showing it on the map.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My played lot in Yukimatsu is now showing a green footprint on the main map so it looks like it's still part of the eco footprint tracking. I'll keep playing and see if I can get the whole neighborhood green and whether or not it shows any of the positive effects of a green neighborhood (aurora, sun rays).

Message 5 of 17 (2,605 Views)

Hero
@Player_645knm0g Did you get a message to that account ? There's no icon as far I can tell ? (I didn't test a residential lot though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict sorry, to clarify the icon I'm referring to is on the main map view. If you look at my first screenshot above you'll see that each individual lot in every neighborhood also has a little eco footprint icon. In my screenshot all lots are showing a neutral footprint icon. However the Yukimatsu neighborhood now shows a green leaf icon above the residential lot I've been playing (the family has a civil planner and gardener who like snow sports and are training to climb the mountain which is why I care about this feature specifically working in Yukimatsu)

I'll post an updated screenshot the next time I play 

Message 7 of 17 (2,590 Views)

Hero
@Player_645knm0g That does sound strange.

Maybe lots can change. I just think the neighborhood changing would have the same issues as for example StrangerVille would have.

I'm going to tag this as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (2,586 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [SE] [ECO] No Eco footprint in Yukimatsu residential lot

★★★ Newbie
@Player_645knm0g well i have infinite loading screens and i can not shut off my laptop when it happens
Message 9 of 17 (2,581 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [SE] [ECO] No Eco footprint in Yukimatsu residential lot

Hero
@kay6jay2 When you get a green footprint on one of the lots or generally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,551 Views)